Delta Old Style Tenoning Jig Restoration
Delta 1172 Tenoning Jig: picked this up recently and decided to restore it: good for another 50 years.

Nice. Any pictures of it before restoration?
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
A  couple of before pics:

and link to more from ebay listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204376747846
Green hammer paint. I like it!
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(09-06-2023, 07:33 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Green hammer paint. I like it!

Left over from a previous restoration: now the tenoning jig matches my drill press!
Great job! 
Excellent restoration. Perfect choice using the green hammer paint finish IMO. I'm "green" with envy.
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
(09-07-2023, 12:16 PM)Grandpa Dave Wrote: Excellent restoration. Perfect choice using the green hammer paint finish IMO. I'm "green" with envy.

Ha! I chose the green hammered finish when I was doing a restoration on a Delta drill press a few years ago: I saw someone else had used it (I think it was on one of the old WW machine forums) and liked the look.

I post these restorations now and again in an effort to the spread the word that it really isn't that hard to do and you end up saving an old piece of American iron from the scrap yard, and perhaps make it available for another generation or two of woodworkers (OK, and I do like to show off too, so there is that).
(09-07-2023, 12:51 PM)Philip1231 Wrote: Ha! I chose the green hammered finish when I was doing a restoration on a Delta drill press a few years ago: I saw someone else had used it (I think it was on one of the old WW machine forums) and liked the look.

I post these restorations now and again in an effort to the spread the word that it really isn't that hard to do and you end up saving an old piece of American iron from the scrap yard, and perhaps make it available for another generation or two of woodworkers (OK, and I do like to show off too, so there is that).

Beautiful job on the jig Philip! I certainly agree with the worth of preserving these old classic tools for others to enjoy in future generations (done a few myself).

Would you please share a link to the brand and precise color of that hammered green paint please? I have a project coming up and I do like that color.

Thanks,

Doug
Paint used for this project:

Body: Rust-Oleum Hammered in Verde Green, Item No. 7219. As I recall I had a very difficult time sourcing
this a few years ago, and you may have to search for this. Here is a link to the product at Walmart, although it is shown as out of stock:
Verde Green

Chrome (?) Handles: there was a fair degree of corrosion on these parts, so I used Rust-Oleum Universal Paint/Primer
in Dark Metallic Steel, Item Number 262662

Dark Steel Metallic