"Another Dimension"
"Another Dimension"

Hello once again this is my latest project, a very small Holly bowl turned green and it dried into an oval 5"x 6" x 1 1/4". This is a Celtic Knot Chainmail pattern and it has to be one of the most difficult layouts I've ever done. After piercing and carving the pattern, the color and finish was applied this is a product called RubNBuff. The outside is Red the inside is Gold leaf.

Attached Files Image(s)

Another great piece, Bruce.  Most of the time, bowls are displayed sitting on their bottom.  In this case, the beauty is the bottom!!!  I can see how this patter would be challenging.  How did you get all of the arches the same size? 

I saw something just a few days ago that made me think of you and wondered what kind of design was keeping you busy?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(09-12-2023, 07:42 AM)Bill Holt Wrote: Another great piece, Bruce.  Most of the time, bowls are displayed sitting on their bottom.  In this case, the beauty is the bottom!!!  I can see how this patter would be challenging.  How did you get all of the arches the same size? 

I saw something just a few days ago that made me think of you and wondered what kind of design was keeping you busy?

Thank you I used a gouge with the curve I needed over and over. This is one of those pieces you need to hold to feel the texture.
The first picture have me looking and saying What is it.

The last picture make me think Wow great job and love the look.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(09-20-2023, 03:13 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: The first picture have me looking and saying What is it.

The last picture make me think Wow great job and love the look.

Thank you, it's just a small bowl.