A simpler Wedgie sled
If you have been putting off segmented turning because making a Wedgie sled with those curved slots was more trouble than it was worth, look at this one.

A piece of scrap MDF, a miter slot bar made any way you care to, and a couple feet of Tee track are all you need. Both rabbets for the tee tracks and the slots in the fences are straight. You could even get by with one hole and one slot in each fence if cutting two slots is too much work. It really can't get much simpler.

Set it with a cheap drafting triangle from the mart of walls and you're in business for 12-segment rings.

Attached Files Image(s)

We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
We had that same bath mat, it lasted us a long time!

Your sled looks great, may have to copy it
VH07V  
(09-20-2023, 11:16 AM)EightFingers Wrote: Your sled looks great, may have to copy it

Please do copy it. That's why I posted it. Note there are no dimensions shown because they just don't matter.
Thing I really like about it is that it seems the rails do not even have to be exactly parallel. (s)
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(09-20-2023, 03:07 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Thing I really like about it is that it seems the rails do not even have to be exactly parallel. (s)

You're right. They don't. The only critical thing in the whole sled is that the miter slot bar doesn't rattle in the slot.