Stain blocking

I have a cabinet that I am working on and it is made of soft maple, I believe.. (I have included a couple photos) I used bloodwood as some accent pieces. I started this project about 10 years ago and and finally getting around to finishing it I hope. At that time my thoughts were to just put a clear finish on it and be done with it. But now that I decided I want to put it in my den and the walls will be a light grey color, I was thinking of staining it a light grey. But I worry about the bloodwood detail. I do not want to lose the red color. So my question is there a way to stain just the maple and not have bleedoff into the bloodwood?? Or should I just stick with original idea and go natural. Now if I were to stain what is a good stain to use?  I am thinking oil for better penetration and be able to highlight the grain some? I will be doing a satin lacquer finish as top coat. Any tips or pointers is helpful. Thanks.

John T.
John T.
My approach would be the pass on any stain and go with just a top coat of some kind.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thumbs Up 
(10-04-2023, 06:25 AM)fredhargis Wrote: My approach would be the pass on any stain and go with just a top coat of some kind.

Thank You.
John T.