Attic over porch air barrier?
My attic extends over my front porch. There was some type of foil faced paper that was installed between the attic over the conditioned space and the porch attic. It was partly falling down and old and brittle and I needed to get in there and so I took it down during some pre-move remodeling.
The ceiling above the conditioned living space is insulated (and more insulation to be installed soon, see my other thread about that). Porch roof isn’t insulated obviously and won’t be.
I haven’t yet found an answer to this in a web search so - do I need to out some type of barrier back up between the attic over the living space and the porch attic? What good does it do? The entire attic is vented and not conditioned.
Thanks
Ray
Its a radiant barrier. Installed correctly, they reflect heat.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

Like said above. It's protecting the living space from the heat build up inside the uninsulated porch roof.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS