Driveway Replacement
I have a driveway that is 10" x 85" long.  I need the old drive removed and new one installed.  I live in Columbus, Ohio.  Trying to figure out a sq/ft cost.  Got the first estimate and it was for $15/ft.  What do you think?

Lonnie
(10-10-2023, 03:32 PM)Mr Eddie Wrote: I have a driveway that is 10" x 85" long.  I need the old drive removed and new one installed.  I live in Columbus, Ohio.  Trying to figure out a sq/ft cost.  Got the first estimate and it was for $15/ft.  What do you think?

Lonnie

ya either have  driveway for matchbox cars or used the inch thing instead of foot thing
Is this concrete or blacktop?
(10-10-2023, 04:15 PM)branchacctg Wrote: Is this concrete or blacktop?

Concrete
Prices are so high on stuff like this anymore it pays to get several quotes, at least 3. Is the old drive concrete? I know  have asphalt and I'm entertaining having it removed and replaced with concrete. So far I haven't got quotes but would be interested in what you come up with.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(10-10-2023, 04:47 PM)fredhargis Wrote: Prices are so high on stuff like this anymore it pays to get several quotes, at least 3. Is the old drive concrete? I know  have asphalt and I'm entertaining having it removed and replaced with concrete. So far I haven't got quotes but would be interested in what you come up with.

I'll let you know Fred.  I called a few places today but it's crazy busy, construction wise, in Columbus.  It's like the world has discovered our little city and it's hard to recognize most places anymore.  I know prices are up and any decent contractor has more than he can handle.

Lonnie
At 5 inches thick it would be about 13 yards of concrete or 10 yards at 4 inches most drives around here are 4 inches thick
If your dimensions are in feet not inches that would make more sense for a driveway. New 4" concrete with 1/2" rebar at 36" on center each way, with a broom finish would run approximately $5.75 per square foot in the Nebraska area. Tear out of the old drive and haul away the concrete would run approximately $2.50 per square foot. This could change based upon how far it has to be hauled. I would suggest getting a couple more bids. Our concrete plants add a winter surcharge starting November 1 so keep that in mind for your area. If you have to cover the concrete after the pour that would be an added cost.
Watching this thread with interest. I have a couple cracked driveway slabs that need replacing.

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.