replacement power cord for planer
I'd like to replace the power cord for my 15" floor planer with a longer cord.  220V   Will any 12 gauge cord work or are there characteristics I need to look out for?  What do you think of this one?  Obviously I'll replace the end with a 220v twist.

https://www.amazon.com/Pinfox-Replacemen...9hdGY&th=1
That will work, but it might be less expensive to just by some SO cable at the home store and put your plug on it. Lowes and HD (I think) sell suitable cable by the foot. Personally I'd want it to be longer than 6', but that's just me.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Have you considered an extension cord? Use one on my Unisaw with no issues.
Thanks for the replies. I'll check out the extension cords at one of the big box stores. I wasn't sure if there was something special about power cords that differed from extension cords. Good suggestion about making it longer. I think I'll try and find a 10ft one instead.
The best and cheapest is the buy an extension cord and chop it up for your tools. I just bought this 12 gauge for a Miter saw ,I will cut off 10 feet to use and hang on to the rest for the future. This one is very flexible at colder temps
Yesterday it was $28  now $33 
50Ft 12-3
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
I mean why replace the cord; just add an extension cord which you could always use on another tool in a pinch.

Parkworld 885767 NEMA 6-20 Extension Cord 6-20P to 6-20R (T Blade Female Also for 6-15R Adapter) 250V, 20A, 5000W (16FT) https://a.co/d/4COnCBL
That cord is for 120 volts  it has the wrong end on it
The one I posted is 220v with the correct plug.
Last time I needed I made my own, think I used 8 or 10 gauge wire.  Machine was pretty large and I think it was about 25-30 feet long.  Had a twist lock plug, forget the designation.

The one OP posted is 120VAC only.  I would ask what size motor and how long will the cord be before determining wire size.
(10-12-2023, 02:19 PM)Brian in sunny FL Wrote: Last time I needed I made my own, think I used 8 or 10 gauge wire.  Machine was pretty large and I think it was about 25-30 feet long.  Had a twist lock plug, forget the designation.

The one OP posted is 120VAC only.  I would ask what size motor and how long will the cord be before determining wire size.

When ever you use an extension cord instead of replacing cord with a longer length you are adding 6 connections plus the connection between the plug and socket, so 9 connections in all.   The by far the most common issues are connections.   Roly