Fundraiser Auction - Texas Furniture Makers Show
I'm overseeing a fundraiser auction benefiting the 24th annual Texas Furniture Makers Show at the Kerr Arts & Cultural Center in Kerrville, Texas.

We have 24 great items donated by the makers and corporate sponsors such as Lie-Nielsen, Lee Valley, Ridge Carbide Tools, Woodcraft, and the Wood Whisperer.

Most can be shipped for an additional charge.

There are good deals to be had but more importantly all the proceeds go towards supporting this great event.

Here is the link to the auction ---> https://kacc.betterworld.org/auctions/TFMS2023

And more information about the Show. www.texasfurnituremakersshow.org

Thanks for your support.

Thank you for sharing this.

Could you clarify what is meant on the auction website by:

Quote:Shipping is available for most items for an additional charge.

Some auction sites charge many times the shipping cost to package and ship.
I have looked and I cannot find how Betterworld determines their additional charges for shipping.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(11-08-2023, 03:17 PM)iclark Wrote: Thank you for sharing this.

Could you clarify what is meant on the auction website by:

Some auction sites charge many times the shipping cost to package and ship.
I have looked and I cannot find how Betterworld determines their additional charges for shipping.

Shipping will be handled by either myself or the director at the Kerr Arts & Cultural Center.  It would be whatever the actual cost is through USPS or possibly UPS.  We would tend to choose whatever is cheapest.  Not planning on charging for boxes unless we have to buy one.  Postage for most packages these days are based on dimensional weight so the three biggest items in the auction (footstool, pizza paddle, and antler charcuterie board) might get expensive.  Small items should be reasonable.  The two gift certificates (Wood Whisperer & Lee Valley) are digital delivery.  Hope this helps.
(11-09-2023, 12:13 AM)deepcreek Wrote: Shipping will be handled by either myself or the director at the Kerr Arts & Cultural Center.  It would be whatever the actual cost is through USPS or possibly UPS.  We would tend to choose whatever is cheapest.  Not planning on charging for boxes unless we have to buy one.  Postage for most packages these days are based on dimensional weight so the three biggest items in the auction (footstool, pizza paddle, and antler charcuterie board) might get expensive.  Small items should be reasonable.  The two gift certificates (Wood Whisperer & Lee Valley) are digital delivery.  Hope this helps.

Thank you. That is what I was hoping to hear. It does help a lot.

I don't know if I will win anything in the auction, but I will certainly be looking.

That jewelry box is reminiscent of some that BoM has made. Very nice.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

Quote:The auction will end at 4:00PM on Saturday, December 9th. Shipping is available for many items at an additional charge.

Oddly, I could not find when the auction closes on the auction site (maybe I am not letting enough sites run scripts for it to tell me - so far, I have only allowed 16 sites (mostly not obviously appropriate) to run scripts).

I found the auction closing time on the show webpage.

(11-14-2023, 05:46 PM)iclark Wrote: Oddly, I could not find when the auction closes on the auction site (maybe I am not letting enough sites run scripts for it to tell me - so far, I have only allowed 16 sites (mostly not obviously appropriate) to run scripts).

I found the auction closing time on the show webpage.

Thanks for pointing this out.

The auction end date is clearly disclosed on our signage at the physical event but I failed to provide it on the online bidding platform.

I have updated BetterWorld to say, "This auction will close at 4:00pm CST on Saturday, December 9th, 2023."

FWIW, we're NOT doing the whole "popcorn" bidding thing where last minute bids keep extending it.