Pushmatic circuit breakers
Knob and Tube ended for the most part by 1940. A few were still being installed but not many. I've never come across live K&T circuits. I do a lot of early 1900s houses and many have the old, abandoned K&T circuits.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

K & T is still out there...a local home sold a few months ago that had live circuits.....major demo required to replace it, so it stayed.

Ed
(11-11-2023, 09:41 AM)Roly Wrote: A lot of insurance companies will not insure if they have those or Federal Pacific breakers.   Replacing the panel and upgrading to latest code is very costly.   Snipe Hunter can shed more info on this.    Roly

I did a bit of research on Federal Pacific and it seems they never got UL approval no idea how they sold so many.
I know if you see them they should be on the list of things that need to go sooner rather than later
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(11-23-2023, 03:46 PM)Bob10 Wrote: I did a bit of research on Federal Pacific and it seems they never got UL approval no idea how they sold so many.
I know if you see them they should be on the list of things that need to go sooner rather than later

They did get UL approval but the product they produced was not physically the same as the approved breaker, even though ITE put the UL badge on the breakers. ITE played the old, switch-aroo. The aftermarket (non-UL) breakers have about the same failure rate as the originals and they are still being manufactured. Close to 50% failure rate.

Even if the breakers worked flawlessly, they would not meet NEC requirements today.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

I've got 4 boxes in my shop, one being a PushMatic. Breakers are still available.
Have had no problems with it. It was used, nice and clean when I bought it.
Had a breaker trip last year, so they work.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020