Walker-Turner 16" Bandsaw band reco's
Morning all.

Wanting to query the knowledgebase here about blades for my Walker-Turner 16" Bandsaw.

This saw has been in storage for some 2 1/2 years due to a new house build/relocation. I recently got her unpacked, and reassembled and all is good. Glad to have her back running. In packing, I discarded all my old nasty blades.

What's the current thought of a blade for this saw? It's got a low speed (1800 rpm) 1 HP motor on it.

I'll use it predominantly for light ripping. Stuff 2" thick and under, all dried wood, nothing green. Will be the odd cross cut.

I've got a 12" Craftsman bandsaw to use for the squiggly stuff.

Recommendations for size, style and source would be greatly appreciated.
chris
(11-11-2023, 09:33 AM)doobes Wrote: I'll use it predominantly for light ripping. Stuff 2" thick and under, all dried wood, nothing green. Will be the odd cross cut.

The 1/2", 3tpi configuration is a perennial favorite to have on-hand.
For general-purpose ripping and crosscuts, you may want a few more tpi, and I'd probably get something in the 3/8-1/2" width with 4-6 tpi.

Timberwolf provides decent guidance on blade selection.
supercut bandsaw blades have also been okay
I'd also be giving some thought to getting a lenox bimetal blade for longevity, but can wait to see how you're using the saw.
Thanks

I decided on a 1/2" x 4PC Series Timber Wolf blade.

We'll see how it works out.

cheers
chris
(11-12-2023, 09:19 AM)doobes Wrote: Thanks

I decided on a 1/2" x 4PC Series Timber Wolf blade.

We'll see how it works out.

cheers

So the blade showed up and I got it installed.

Wowzers. No drift and a very efficient cut. 
Smile
chris
(11-29-2023, 08:06 AM)doobes Wrote: So the blade showed up and I got it installed.

Wowzers. No drift and a very efficient cut. 
Smile

Nice it is working well.

I've found it pretty easy to damage bandsaw blades compared to table saw blades.  If possible, I'd recommend keeping a spare or two on hand once you find something you like pretty well.
I use timberwolf blades for my WT 16, in all sorts of flavors, green wood blades, resaw blades, and narrow blades for general purpose.  Bit of a hassle to change blades compared to new saws, but small price to pay.   I've tried other blades over the years, but always came back to the timberwolf blades.

It is amazing how much beefier the WT16 is, compared to my 1960's Delta 14".   The delta is a toy in comparison.