Replacement bags for JET 1.5 Mobile Cyclone Dust Collector
I just purchased a brand new Jet JCDC-1.5 Mobile Cyclone Dust collector and I am looking for replacement bags.  What brands is everyone purchasing?  Is there any after market brands and where are you purchasing them from?
Interesting answer to your question. The shop that I just left had a dual filter Grizzly industrial sized dust collector. We always had issues with bags blowing off. Well, one of our new guys one day grabbed a big black trash bag and put on it. It worked pretty good. The only problem was eventually, the bags ripped. So, same guy suggested double bags. Holy moly, it solved all of our issues.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(11-11-2023, 09:46 AM)museumguy Wrote: Interesting answer to your question. The shop that I just left had a dual filter Grizzly industrial sized dust collector. We always had issues with bags blowing off. Well, one of our new guys one day grabbed a big black trash bag and put on it. It worked pretty  good. The only problem was eventually, the bags ripped. So, same guy suggested double bags. Holy moly, it solved all of our issues.

im going to have to try that and double or triple up my trash bags.  good idea
We bought the thickest one's that our store sells. Not super thick. It was a stroke of genius to double them up.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I have a pretty thick clear bottom bag on my typical dust collector. I let it get about half full - it seems to separate better when it's not very full - then remove it, take it outside and put it upside down into a larger trash bag and shake. Trash bags are cheaper than the dust collector bags and putting one fully inside the other and pulling/shaking is not a dusty operation when done outside.
I have used the contractor blak bags with good luck
I've also used the double trash bags and that works but I like the clear bags so I know how full I am with a quick glance. I just dump the full bags around the garden and recycle the bag every time. I probably get 3-4 years out of a bag so even buying the expensive bags the costs isn't too bad. If I get a pin-hole I just use duct tape. After 5-6 pin holes or a gash and I go to a new bag.
(11-13-2023, 11:42 AM)ajkoontz Wrote: I've also used the double trash bags and that works but I like the clear bags so I know how full I am with a quick glance. I just dump the full bags around the garden and recycle the bag every time. I probably get 3-4 years out of a bag so even buying the expensive bags the costs isn't too bad. If I get a pin-hole I just use duct tape. After 5-6 pin holes or a gash and I go to a new bag.

That's what we were doing. Unfortunately, we only had short length clear bags. The force of the air flow kept blowing them off. That's why we switched to the full length black bags, they sat on the floor. We could easily see when the bag got half full and emptied it before it got too heavy.

Garry
I have a Thien separator On mine and don't have to empty the bag very often 

https://withwardworks.blogspot.com/2019/...-dust.html
If you put some air between the two bags, it will go away when one of them is punctured, giving you a chance to deal with it before spewing dust all over. Clear bags make this easier.