Bowl Gouges
Smile 
What bowl gouges and sizes do you use?

I have the Jamieson 5/8 which he game me about 6 years ago and still have about 2" of gouge left after almost constant use for a while.
https://lylejamieson.com/product/signatu...n-handled/

One other that I like is the 5/8 Henry Taylor gouge and it works great also.  Have had it for almost 7 years and still good tool length left
https://www.packardwoodworks.com/104023.html

Also have the 5/8, 1/2, and 3/8 Sorby gouges that I use quite often as well.  I do not care for them like the other two but they still work

none of them hold an edge or last as long as the Jamieson and Henry Taylor ones.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thompson 1/2”. I make my own handles.
VH07V  
D-Way 3/4 and 3/8, Crown Ellsworth 1/2, Sorry 5/8 and 1/2. I have a few others I got from my FIL, but the Ellsworth is my go to sharpened at 60 degrees. I’ve also sharpened a couple others to that same and it works great with a U-shaped flute (not as well with V-shaped)
Pinnacle 3/8" and 5/8". I use the 5/8" for almost everything except where I need to get into a tight spot.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
(11-15-2023, 10:16 PM)SceneryMaker Wrote: Pinnacle 3/8" and 5/8".  I use the 5/8" for almost everything except where I need to get into a tight spot.

For tight spots I use my spindle gouges.  The biggest one of those is the 9/16 which I got from craft supply and it works great but what I use it mostly for is shear scrapping with the point almost vertical and the shavings are so sweet and end up with no pull out.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.