Chess board plans
Hi all, I'm looking to build a chess board as a Christmas gift. The board plan I'm considering comes from Woodsmith #132 December of 2000 (I think). I'd be happy to buy it from them, the problem is, I can't seem to find that specific plan on any of the Woodsmith sites. (There are a couple of other chessboard plans) I did find reference to the plans being used by a Woodnet user "Bope" back in 2018. I'm not sure if they are still in the group. Anyone know if there is still a source for those plans?
I'm also open to using another plan, and could certainly just wing it, but I'm concerned about wood movement and would rather use a tried and true method of dealing with it. Thanks!
I built that one about 20 years ago. Send me an email. I think I have a copy I can send you. Jtreece30@att.net
If women don't find you handsome, at least let 'em find you handy!
Hi,

If easy can't find it, I have the compilation of old issues. I can look for it there and send. 

Good Luck.
Chess Board | Woodworking Project | Woodsmith Plans
https://www.woodsmithplans.com/plan/classic-chessboard/
That's nicely thought out plan.

Looking at the plan/images in Brent's link, you should be able to make the project as shown. Finding chess and checker pieces will determine the project size anyway. And, the wood squares need to be laminations on hardboard or fiber compressions.
Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.
(11-17-2023, 09:59 AM)BrentDH Wrote: Chess Board | Woodworking Project | Woodsmith Plans
https://www.woodsmithplans.com/plan/classic-chessboard/

Thanks Brent,
That one I found, but I appreciate you looking! The one I'm looking for has pull out drawers
(11-16-2023, 08:16 AM)taxman Wrote: Hi,

If easy can't find it, I have the compilation of old issues. I can look for it there and send. 

Good Luck.

Thanks Taxman, I just emailed Ez. Fingers crossed!