Buying Electric Range/Stove
(11-24-2023, 07:45 PM)branchacctg Wrote: Decision has been made, we will be getting an LG Smart Induction Range with ProBake Convection, Air Fry & Air Sous Vide, whatever all of that is.  Wife is happy that's all that matters. Also getting new microwave for over the range.  Delivery and installation to be done after New Year's Day.  Thanks for all of your comments and suggestions.

We have an LG smooth top, with the front panel controls like what Google showed me with your description... and those front controls are my only gripe.  It's amazing how easy it is to bump into those and turn things on.  And since they're up front, they seem to get dinged up and scratched easier (as well as the panel behind them somehow).   There's a lock function so they won't turn on... if you remember to use it.
KC Thanks for the heads up.  Will keep those in mind.
I am not one to worry much about warranties, in fact I always skip extended warranties since they are nothing but profit machines on almost everything. That is, until recently like the last 15 years or so. Now I buy extended warranties on most appliances, it seem to me that the manufacturers have "cost engineered" them to fail fairly quickly...no matter the brand. This diatribe is just to suggest you consider getting the extended warranty the vendor almost certainly offered you on the range.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(11-26-2023, 06:48 AM)KC Wrote: We have an LG smooth top, with the front panel controls like what Google showed me with your description... and those front controls are my only gripe.  It's amazing how easy it is to bump into those and turn things on.  And since they're up front, they seem to get dinged up and scratched easier (as well as the panel behind them somehow).   There's a lock function so they won't turn on... if you remember to use it.

That is a BIG deal.  I used to not pay attention to those types of things.

My daughter and son-in-law have a Samsung smooth top range; the control knobs are on the front.  At Thanksgiving dinner, SIL mentioned those controls.  They've been turned on accidentally twice in the 18 months they've had the stove.  Once by bumping into one of the knobs.  The other event was by a toddler child who was just "doing stuff" as they will.  Since daughter and SIL are expecting their first baby in April, that event became a big wake up call on house safety.

SIL remodeled their house 18 months ago and put all new appliances in the kitchen.  Samsung branded.  Samsung now on their "do not buy" list of kitchen appliances.  Fridge has been problematic and has already had a warranty repair.  The stove has front knobs as described above.  The first Samsung dishwasher was replaced under warranty, and then the second began having issues.  They recently put a new KitchenAid dishwasher in to replace the second Samsung.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")