Purpleheart/maple segment bowl
13in purpleheart 7 maple segment bowl with a padauk rim. I made this as a wedding gift for a coworker

http://
Nicley done buddy
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Wow! Very nicely done.

Did you have any problem with the purpleheart dust color bleeding into the maple when you were sanding?

What did you use for finishing? It looked like 2 or 3 different materials in the vid.

Did you put any UV-screen oils as a top coat?

thanks
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(11-27-2023, 02:15 AM)iclark Wrote: Did you have any problem with the purpleheart dust color bleeding into the maple when you were sanding?

What did you use for finishing? It looked like 2 or 3 different materials in the vid.

No, I only ever have that issue with Padauk. It isnt really from the dust either, you can blow it off and clean it with compressed air but when you use most finishes, it will take the color with it and get on the cloth you are using and stain the maple. 
The finish was General Finish Wood Bowl finish on top of sanding sealer.
(11-23-2023, 01:34 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Nicley done buddy

Thanks
I forgot to say thanks for the video also. 
Yes

I have been wanting to learn how to do videos but do not know what I need.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.