Bathroom Faucet Comes Loose
Hi, the faucet/handles in my bathroom sink are coming loose from the sink. I go underneath and tighten the nut, but in a few weeks it becomes loose again and the faucet/handles slide a bit. (This is not a leak issue with the faucet.). Someone told me there is a tape to put around the threads that will hold the nut on tight, but I can’t find what type. (Again, not a leak issue, so I’m pretty sure I don’t want teflon tape.)

Any ideas?

(12-23-2023, 11:35 AM)David Stone Wrote: Hi, the faucet/handles in my bathroom sink are coming loose from the sink. I go underneath and tighten the nut, but in a few weeks it becomes loose again and the faucet/handles slide a bit.  (This is not a leak issue with the faucet.).  Someone told me there is a tape to put around the threads that will hold the nut on tight, but I can’t find what type.  (Again, not a leak issue, so I’m pretty sure I don’t want teflon tape.)

Any ideas?

Locktite does make a thread sealing tape, but it is not cheap.   Suggest backing off the nut and paint the threads with nail polish and retighten nut.    If the nuts are plastic I would not use nail polish but other paint or sealer.   Roly
You can probably use PTFE tape.
Plumbers use it to prevent leaks but it should work fine for your need.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Tighten loosen, tighten, loosen. Something is giving. Plastic nuts?
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

How old is the faucet? If over five years, I would just get a new one. Locking up those nuts could make for a difficult replacement job down the road.
VH07V  
A little dab of Rector Seal #5 on the threads would probably do it. You can still remove the nut with Rector Seal on it.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Sometimes the escutcheon on top is threaded onto the assembly and a may need tightening as well.  

I assume you’d have noticed that in the course of your endeavor though, but thought I’d mention it for the record.   Another possibility is that the escutcheon needs to be screwed down more (after loosing underneath) so that there are more -or- cleaner threads for your locking nut to engage underneath.
Confused

Know your exact faucet make/model would be a huge help.