1st Project for 2024?
Still have "Leftovers"..

This being most of them....there is also a few longer slats..

Thinking about gluing up a few  panels   and see what the Single Brain Cell Sketch Up can come up with...

Got the first panel glued up...maybe do one a day, until after the 1st of the new year?

Hutch on the computer desk needs...something...we'll see...might even buy a clock kit?   Haven't done a clock since the 1980s...Hmmmm?

$100 Lowes Gift Card for Christmas....spent a bit of it, today..

Combo Square's blade is 16" long, and is in both Imperial and Metric markings...

Couple of NEW saw files, and a new belt for the 4" x 36" belt sander...

Stay tuned..
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
A project for 2024? Are you sure you can wait that long? 

Have a good New Year!
Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.
Come on Bandit give me a rest. I just got caught up on your last two projects. I don't read as fast as I used too. ;=)
Blessings to you the remainder of '23 and going into '24.

BTW, a clock would be cool. I didn't know you in the 80's. IIRC, I still had a dial on my phone then.
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
Building a clock would confuse a lot of young people today. It certainly would be a conversation starter. Haha!
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
Shopping trip, today...and...and adjustment to Panel #5...

Clock will need a door in back, to access the battery when need be....Hinges have been bought, and a latch to keep the door SHUT. 

(Focus on this camera sucks, sorry)

Base of the Clock  gets fancy feet to stand on...and some other fancy bits..for a few corners...

handles were bought, in case I need one for that door...

A fancy Brass Finial was bought..

And finally found a Clock Mechanism I liked..

Need to dig out a 3" drill bit.  

The adjustment to Panel #5....was to add a strip in the center of the panel..as this panel will hold that clock in the case...

Stay tuned...#5 panel is IN the clamps....
Hopefully some better photos, THIS time...still trying to find this one..

At least the one with it still IN the package with 3 others...that screw IS a Phillips headed one..just like the ones for the hinges..

Instead of trying to drag that clock back out to change the battery..I will just put a door in the back of the case.

Panel #6:

Needed a couple extra strips to get to the 7" width.....this will be the panel holding the clock.  Trying to decide how much of the 12" length I need to loose..either 3" or 5", leaving the best looking of the grain details.

A better look (I hope) of the Finial for the top of the case..

Top of the case will be a raised panel look-a-like...

As for that 3" hole I need to drill for the Clock?

These should do the trick..test drive..after I had to crank that Samson chuck all the way open...

Expansive bit is a Clark...set to a 1-1/2" Radius.    That was a high spot on the bench's top, fueled by a knot,,,

Knot is there at 2 o'clock....checked the diameter, dead-on 3"....just what the instructions called for..

Then leveled out that high spot and the knot with a plane. 

Feet for the case?

And..maybe some fancy corner details?

We'll see....right now, just getting things prepped....before the joinery can start up..
What time is it? Time for a January 2024 Bandit Project. ;={}
Will it be done by January 1st? Time will tell.
Tune in next time for another episode.
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
You should've spent money on a camera!
Big Grin

Jokes aside, you still need another combo square after all these years of woodworking? Why?

Simon
Sometimes...a LONGER blade will come in very handy....as in WIDE panels...

A lot of that fuzzy photo results from the camera being hand held, instead of on the tripod...and the right hand always having "The Essential Tremours"  old age tends to bring...and..since I run a WOOD shop and NOT a Photo Studio...it is what it is...

Using the Tripod for this one, BTW
(12-30-2023, 09:45 AM)bandit571 Wrote: Sometimes...a LONGER blade will come in very handy....as in WIDE panels...

It makes sense if it's not the 12" version.

Simon