For Sale: PRICE CHANGE Gaggle of Disston Saws, set, sharpened and ready for wood.
I finally got around to paying attention to saws that I've picked up at fleas and sales. I don't buy junk, all are worthy saws, in this case all vintage Disston. Each saw has been cleaned, plates are straight and polished, and they've all been jointed, set and sharpened as indicated and cut very well - if I didn't have duplicates of these they would be in my saw till and I'd be pleased to call them mine. All have been tested by me after sharpening and setting and are ready to be put to wood. I've tried to price them modestly, but all will make fine users for someone. All dating are from the saw's medallians per Disstonian Institute website. All are about half of what you would pay for a new Pax handsaw.

So, terms. First, I don’t have paypal or any other EFT gizmos, so payment in US Postal money order please; all prices are plus shipping and I’ll combine to get you the best rate.  If I know you from the forum, checks are ok.  First Private Message with an unequivocal “I’ll take it” gets priority in line and I’ll respond to every PM promptly. Please put your name and shipping address in the PM so I can print shipping labels, this avoids a lot of back and forth. Multiple pics of each saw are in a link to a Google album; items are described below in their order of appearance in the album. Flaws, if any, are noted and pointed out as apologies and prices asked reflect those apologies, however all tools are in worthy working condition.

Here's a link to the Google album with the pics:https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipM8AMGT-gbaIIBmFj0JcpuDE2ejRPAT9MyoFSLI6igF4nTN33A96HpIrgny2kezfg?key=d2Q1bHI3Q2ZBQ1Nha2R5cUgzampHM2xBVS02Y1Z3
Ok, so starting from the top we have a Disston D-8 panel saw, circa '28-1940, so prewar. 24 inch panel saw, 7 point, filed rip (like the Pax 7 pt panel saw) and cuts very well. Etch gone, no chips in handle, it is solid. Yours for $75 plus shipping.  SOLD

Next is a pretty special saw, a Disston 99, etch present, plate stained, full size 26" 5 1/2pt filed rip, plenty of plate and it has the "nib" at the toe; its a beast and eats wood. Dates from '96 to 1917, so a true antique vintage saw; plate has a nice "ring" to it; short top horn, but otherwise the handle is solid. A really nice vintage saw from the high point of Disston manufacture. Yours for $80 plus shipping.  SOLD

Next is a Disston D-23 (#1 on blue tape), dates from '47, so immediately post war; 26", 8pt, filed crosscut; etch present, handle chipped on top and on horn, otherwise handle is solid, cuts very well. Yours for $70 NOW $60 plus shipping.

Next is a D-15 "Victory" saw, 26", 8pt, filed crosscut, clear etch along with the "V" on the left; nice clean plate, dates from 1950, handle very nice and solid, yours for $70 NOW $60 plus shipping.

Next is a D-8 (#1 on blue tape), 26", 8pt filed crosscut, circa 1930s, nice plate depth, handle is solid with no apologies at all, a good working saw for someone. Yours for $70 plus shipping.  SOLD

Next is a D-8 (#2 on blue tape), again, 26", 8pt, filed crosscut, circa 1947, was missing a nickled nut so I replaced it with a brass one, handle has no flaws (top of front view is just missing finish), solid, plate is ample and very nice as well. Yours for $70 plus shipping.  SOLD

Last but not least is a Disston D-7, 26", 7pt, filed crosscut. Plenty of plate and handle solid with zero apologies; dates from 1947, on back side there is evidence of some rust but at the very top. Great user saw for someone. Yours for $70 plus shipping.

As always, quality user tools at reasonable prices. As noted,  do include your full shipping address so I can print shipping labels, first PM gets priority.

Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
PM sent on the Disston 99.
Note price reduction on the D-23 and D-15. Both of these are really nice saws and cut well.
Hey Admiral do you have anything for my 8yo grandson to use.  He takes care of his tools I gave him and now has a tool box to.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(01-05-2024, 03:00 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Hey Admiral do you have anything for my 8yo grandson to use.  He takes care of his tools I gave him and now has a tool box to.

No smaller panel saws in inventory right now.  Sorry.
Received saws today. Exactly as described.
Thank you so much.
(01-09-2024, 11:00 AM)fgarvin Wrote: Received saws today. Exactly as described.
Thank you so much

I'm glad they arrived safely, us 'em in good health!
Thanks Admiral........
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Bump for some pretty good handsaws.....
I am amazed that these are still here - especially since they have been sharpened by Admiral.

I am still waiting for my new shop to be ready or I probably could not resist.
Sigh

bump for the weekend folks
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.