Cordless Nailer Recommendations?
(01-07-2024, 04:39 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I'm heavily invested in air guns and as long as I can get repair parts for them I'll stay the course.
I can see the advantage of not having a hose to deal with but I've dealt with cords and hoses all my life, so not a big deal to me.
I haven't gotten the cordless bug like you younger guys.....yet. Drills, yes, but I still have my corded drills and shear.

I can understand why you would not go cordless, I remember several of the first attempts at cordless tools 20 plus years ago.  

There was a black and decker outlet store in Kansas City and they had a cordless battery operated weed eater for a song.  I only had a very small yard, so I went for it.  It had a heavy lead acid battery.  It was way under powered and very heavy, also took a long time to charge and wouldn’t hold a charge very well.  Didn’t even have interchangeable batteries.

Since then, I have slowly bought into cordless for some things, Drills and impact drivers were the first and I wouldn’t want to go back.  
I did try a dewalt cordless track saw in the ill fated 36v (that they quit supporting). I am not going to go cordless for all of my circular saw needs anytime soon, but I do now have a 20v dewalt circular saw that is nice for cutting 2x4s to length when doing construction.  

I also haven’t gone cordless on nailers, mainly because I don’t use them away from the shop other than my framing nailer.  I’m also like you in that  I’m fairly invested in a bunch of air nailers already.

I can certainly see how someone just getting into this might go that direction rather than go with a big compressor for the shop, and a portable for work away from shop.  

I had all but forgotten that at one point many years ago I tried an electric version of the upholstery stapler, and it didn’t even work as well as the hand operated version.
I have to say I own both the DeWalt a Milwaukee Fuel and I LOVE my milwaukee nailers bud.  You cannot go wrong with Milwaukee Fuel for their stability, power, and overall build.  Best of luck!
I went with a cordless air compressor. It will run all my finish nailer and staplers. Much cheaper than trying to get all cordless tools. Mine isn't as quiet as the California Air ones, but I can live with it.
shifty
(01-14-2024, 07:06 PM)shifty Wrote: I went with a cordless air compressor. It will run  all my finish nailer and staplers. Much cheaper than trying to get all cordless tools. Mine isn't as quiet as the California Air ones, but I can live with it.

Which cordless air compressor did you get? I'm leaning heavily towards the Bauer/ HF one. My dad got one for xmas and so far he's pretty happy with it, using mostly for small engine repair not nail guns though.

I found a Milwaukee cordless 15ga w/ battery & charger for $350, so I'm probably going to get that. It would be handy to be able to just grab a gun and some nails for quick fix projects. But I think I'll want/ need a cordless compressor at some point so I'm casually keeping my eye out for a deal.