Any Banggood hand tool buyers here?
I have purchased several hand tools and woodworking jigs from them for the past few years and have really liked what I received for the most part. I just received a Katz-Moses KM-17 Pro router plane plus the smaller cutter assortment and a 7-piece anodized aluminum setup gauge set that I am over the top with how well each of these tools look and perform. I was wondering if anyone else here has made any purchase, what was good or if it turned out to be a dud.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
Me, me, me, raises hand. I watched the site for months. Finally, one day I put a few things in my cart and bought them. Considering my purchase came from China, I felt it arrived in a reasonable timeframe. The quality was very good. So, I cruised the site again and found their large square on sale. https://www.banggood.com/VEIKO-600mm-Alu...ID=6298683 It's similar to Woodpeckers but a fraction of the cost. I put it in my cart and sat on it. A few days later I received an email reducing the price to $67.99. I pulled the trigger. All I can say is wow. This thing is very well machined and heavy. It's super accurate and worth every cent.

I have a wall full of various red tools from Banggood. All comparable to Woodpeckers but probable a third of the cost. I highly recommend them and continually look at them for good deals .
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
That’s great to hear. Previously I had purchased a Ganwei European style marking gauge that is a fantastic tool and so much better than a WoodRiver model I bought at Woodcraft. The Hongdui pair of plane stops for my Festool MFT have been very valuable and I see they currently are on sale for a phenomenal low price as are so many others. 

I also own the Hongdui version of the Bridge City Tools Kerfmaker that is constructed very well as is their mini 2 in 1 glue scraper that is in my opinion better than the Woodpeckers. Other items I received are the Hongdui Arc Scriber, a DrillPro KT-R1 router template for round and beveled corners, 4 of the DrillPro 160mm Precision Clamping Squares with clamps, a stainless steel precision miter square with base and a aluminum multifunctional scribing tool and compass. 

All of these tools I purchased were bought during flash deals. I suggest to make multiple buys because after making a purchase they would email me even more coupons that I could stack and make even better buys on my next purchase. The deliveries have always exceeded their expected times.
(01-13-2024, 06:31 PM)Woodenfish Wrote: All of these tools I purchased were bought during flash deals. I suggest to make multiple buys because after making a purchase they would email me even more coupons that I could stack and make even better buys on my next purchase. The deliveries have always exceeded their expected times.

That's what I did, stacked coupons and deals. I mostly have purchased metric layout tools. I thought that I was going to use them at work and on more side work. Since I have changed careers, the at work thought is gone. The good thing is, I still use them at home. I even bought a piece of t-track to check the quality, pretty good stuff. The only things that I haven't bought are drill bits and router bits. I was looking at some round over router bits with metric radii. I use to buy a lot of stuff to use at work, no need any longer. 

I have to concur on the delivery times, all of my orders have arrived sooner than quoted. Everything has been well packaged. If anyone is debating making a purchase, I say go for it, you won't be disappointed.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
The 1/2” shank compression flush trim router bit they sell for $60 looks good. I would be all over that except I had already purchased one from Whiteside. I have followed Dennis on “Hooked on Wood” YouTube channel for quite some time. His China Tools series had gotten me interested in these tools. From there I have seen a few others on YouTube chatting about these BangGood tools too.

I wouldn’t be too sure about Chinese drill bits as quality drill bits purchased within my local area have been very good to me. I’ve been looking at their portable battery powered tire inflators lately. I would like to carry one for possible roadside repairs on my motorcycle. The small size and lighter weight appeal to me more than anything I have found locally. I have a few more months to decide before riding season begins anyway.
I looked a while back and the things I liked (squares, rulers) were only available in metric. I'll look again.
(01-16-2024, 09:25 AM)camp10 Wrote: I looked a while back and the things I liked (squares, rulers) were only available in metric.  I'll look again.

Whatcha lookin at? Give us a link or 2, out of curiosity.

Garry
(01-16-2024, 09:25 AM)camp10 Wrote: I looked a while back and the things I liked (squares, rulers) were only available in metric.  I'll look again.

(01-16-2024, 08:11 PM)museumguy Wrote: Whatcha lookin at? Give us a link or 2, out of curiosity.

T-type ruler

Woodworking square

I'd love to get these in imperial.
Before I pull the trigger on some of these tools that require precision I try to find reviews on YouTube so I know what to expect from other woodworkers. They sell many brands on Banggood of the same style of tool but the little differences might be a huge factor on your needs. Accuracy, adjustability and parallax are different as are the holes in the Woodpeckers style measuring tools for your pencil.

Personally, I am not a fan of any scribing tool that I have to insert my mechanical pencil through a hole to make a mark. I get too frustrated with breaking leads and would rather have a precision marking gauge. Those 5mm mechanical pencil leads are the worst. Maybe I am just too heavy handed but I try to be cautious.
Don't expect perfection.

The only "precision" China tool I've purchased is a set of corner squares.

Over 6" they are all off by at least 1/32" against my Starrett.

I still use them, but knowing 1/32 over 6" = 1/8 over 24, I use a couple wraps of tape to make them accurate.

I've thought about taking them to a friend of mine's machine shop to true them up.