This turning forum is mostly dead
(01-21-2024, 09:27 PM)AnthonyYak Wrote: I am way more active on the FB turning pages

I hate FB, but that seems to be the way things are headed...  what groups do you like, I'll take a peek.

I haven't turned anything in a couple of years.  Since moving in '21 I haven't had time to set up my lathe again, but my shop is coming along nicely (but slowly) and I think my lathe will come off the dolly and get power by this summer.  I am really looking forward to teaching my kids to turn.

In my opinion, this forum has really suffered a downfall since it is so much more difficult to post pics and video as compared to other offerings these days, and the mobile version of the website is practically unusable to navigate.  It's really too bad, because as a whole, I think the membership here on woodnet is still better than any other forum I've come across in my 20 odd years here.
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13
(01-25-2024, 11:19 AM)FireWood Wrote: I hate FB, but that seems to be the way things are headed...  what groups do you like, I'll take a peek.

I haven't turned anything in a couple of years.  Since moving in '21 I haven't had time to set up my lathe again, but my shop is coming along nicely (but slowly) and I think my lathe will come off the dolly and get power by this summer.  I am really looking forward to teaching my kids to turn.

In my opinion, this forum has really suffered a downfall since it is so much more difficult to post pics and video as compared to other offerings these days, and the mobile version of the website is practically unusable to navigate.  It's really too bad, because as a whole, I think the membership here on woodnet is still better than any other forum I've come across in my 20 odd years here.

I agree with you on that
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.