Allan Batty on using the skew chisel
Before bowl and spindle gouges there were scrappers and skew chisel

I like how he shown how to use it and taking the fear out of using it.

As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Has anyone watched this?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

I watched it some time ago, yes, and found it really helpful. Thanks for posting it. I'll watch it again, too, before I try more spindle turning (but right now I'm working on a first bowl).

Not to derail your thread, but did you see the other YT video with the exact same title? Not nearly as informative, but kind of impressive. Mr. Batty makes no appearance--it's a presumably Asian man, sitting on the floor barefoot amongst his shavings, doing a spindle turning of his own.
Sorry I did not see it.