One of those Anarchist's Bar Stools
I got the Anarchist's Design Book from Lost Art Press a few weeks ago.  I'm liking it, and I had a hope of making a good bar-stool.
Schwarz has a chapter that said you can make one for $8 or so; I went over that somewhat, but could have probably done it if I tried.

I do like the design and I copied his leg angles exactly.  The foot-rungs I re-positioned slightly to match my wife's shorter legs.
I varied certain techniques but overall honored the design, including a pretty comfortable slight backward tilt to the seat.

My wife is liking it, but isn't really keen on the rungs as the sole footrest.  So we'll be adding a smaller stool in front of this, for her feet 
Smile

Chris
Looks great! Nice report, too. Glad you're liking the book. I've been tempted by it, especially with the discounted price & with it being signed, as well.
That's a great looking stool. I can think of a lot of places where I could use one of those.
Nice job..........
Nice stool. Red on top gives it character
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Thank you all!

Here's a couple of extra pictures in the kitchen.  The missus is actually starting to like the foot rung(s) after all.

Some months ago, Mike Brady told me that kitchen stools really want to fall over, and I did see such a risk with many other plans I'd seen.  But for the Schwarz model, there is a lot of leg rake and splay, and this chair is a rock.

Chris
(02-12-2024, 12:53 PM)C. in Indy Wrote: Thank you all!

Here's a couple of extra pictures in the kitchen.  The missus is actually starting to like the foot rung(s) after all.

Some months ago, Mike Brady told me that kitchen stools really want to fall over, and I did see such a risk with many other plans I'd seen.  But for the Schwarz model, there is a lot of leg rake and splay, and this chair is a rock.

I like it, Chris!  I'm really needing a bench stool that is the right height for my bench.  Could this be the one?
Nice!

I built a version of that stool as my workbench stool a few years ago…tilted the seat forward instead of back, a little lower on the height. Works great, except that I really didn’t know how high or at what angle it should be, so in the process of trimming it up, I ended up with not enough rake on the front legs (they’re pretty much vertical) and too much on the back.

I recently got a Chairpanzee from LAP, so I should be able to calculate the rake adjustments without doing math, and try it again.
Smile
Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleSkinnerBenchtop.skp