SOLD FS: Buffalo Forge 15” Bench Top Drill Press SOLD
DRILL PRESS IS SOLD

I am offering a Buffalo Forge 15” bench top drill press for sale. This is a newly refurbished machine. parts were obtained and included. The press has a tilt table, table lock, quill lock and 5 speeds. The published speeds are 6300, 3400, 1725, 900 and 460 but I’m not sure if there were high and low versions of this machine.

I used a Sears motor I had – ½ HP, split phase, 1725 RPM. The motor was also completely disassembled, cleaned and painted. I added a Cutler Hammer overload switch to it.

Included is a new belt, new motor mount studs, 6A Jacobs taper mount chuck with a release nut and chuckIt was completely disassembled, cleaned, painted and reassembled. Where necessary period correct key. The complete spindle assembly was replaced due to a previous owner threading the taper mount and essentially destroying the spindle. The spindle is now registering .001” run out on the spindle taper nose. The replacement spindle was the largest outlay in this refurb and that is reflected in the asking price.

I am asking $350 which should net me $0.50 an hour in labor
Smile. Willing to listen to reasonable offers. Please feel free to request additional pictures or information.

Thanks for looking
Rick

Rick

You did a nice job of rehabbing it. 
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thanks Arlin!

I forgot to mention this is a pre 1957 model - significant design changes occurred in 1957.
Rick