Has anyone here done curved boxes?
The dovetails look hard to do.

⚡Full Curved Wooden Box - Dovetail Cutting on Curves / Invisible Wooden Hinges / Fine Woodworking (youtube.com)
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Hmmm not quite a circle, but...

Paul Sellers Plans..

Down loadable from his Masterclass videos..

All 4 sides are curved,,

And the dovetails are cut to match..

Panels for the top and bottom are made to appear like they are floating ( but they do sit into grooves)

Back saw to saw the lid free of the box..

Do the ends first, THEN the sides,,,add a shim to the first side cut...otherwise, things will get "pinched"

A gouge to carve a finger lift...
And just follow the plans..

6 episodes to follow along in the Class...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(02-12-2024, 02:54 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Hmmm not quite a circle, but...

Paul Sellers Plans..

Down loadable from his Masterclass videos..

All 4 sides are curved,,

And the dovetails are cut to match..

Panels for the top and bottom are made to appear like they are floating ( but they do sit into grooves)

Back saw to saw the lid free of the box..

Do the ends first, THEN the sides,,,add a shim to the first side cut...otherwise, things will get "pinched"

A gouge to carve a finger lift...
And just follow the plans..

6 episodes to follow along in the Class...

Well done.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Bandsaw boxes are very curvy.  I made three for gifts this year....I know....wrong forum!
(02-13-2024, 02:37 PM)Mike Brady Wrote: Bandsaw boxes are very curvy.  I made three for gifts this year....I know....wrong forum!

Post a picture of them.  Everyone loves looking at them. 
Yes

(02-13-2024, 02:37 PM)Mike Brady Wrote: Bandsaw boxes are very curvy.  I made three for gifts this year....I know....wrong forum!

How did you put dovetails on them?

Since there are no corners there are no dovetails.  If you have a bandsaw, they are fun to make, and my girls loved them.  Just Google: bandsaw boxes.