Washing Machine Hoses
the nuts are magnetic as are the rest of the metal fittings. They have some type of plating on them. I will be using them to flush tankless HWH. I normally use distilled white vinegar on these and it will corrode the cheaper hoses. Brass will last the longest.
Captain Kirk was talking about my shop when he said: Space the final frontier!   
(02-28-2024, 04:33 PM)TheCabinetmaker Wrote: the nuts are magnetic as are the rest of the metal fittings. They have some type of plating on them. I will be using them to flush tankless HWH. I normally use distilled white vinegar on these and it will corrode the cheaper hoses. Brass will last the longestthe ad 
If you dont want to use them as the ad says the nuts are solid brass, so Amazon will take them back or tell you to keep them for no charge.     I would go with stainless fittings and flush the hoses when done with water.  Roly
I can't get a screenshot of the ad into this page.
You are right. I should have been clear in my previous post that the SS ones that I didn't want were the ones that have the SS braided covering. I believe the ones with SS fittings would work. So back to searching!
(02-28-2024, 04:33 PM)TheCabinetmaker Wrote: the nuts are magnetic as are the rest of the metal fittings. They have some type of plating on them. I will be using them to flush tankless HWH. I normally use distilled white vinegar on these and it will corrode the cheaper hoses. Brass will last the longest.

I had to do this every year in Hawaii. I just bought new (cheap) hoses each time.
VH07V  
One has to wonder since we can purchase brass valves why not washer hoses with brass nuts? Is a conspiracy to have these hoses fail sooner? All they are doing is creating a Galvanic cell (2 different metals and a liquid) that will eat away at the metals.
If you are using it as a drain, why wouldn't a garden hose work?
One is a supply and the other is a drain. I was thinking about looking for short hoses to see if any of them have brass fittings. Years ago I bought one that was around 5 -6 feet long. They can't be too long as it would use more vinegar for each descaling.
Make your own. Clear vinyl or Tygon tube. The replacement hose ends at most of the local big box stores are solid brass.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

(02-29-2024, 09:56 PM)blackhat Wrote: Make your own. Clear vinyl or Tygon tube. The replacement hose ends at most of the local big box stores are solid brass.

You can also get plastic hose end repair fittings, no metal at all.  Roly