Where I left off last fall
I ran out of time last fall but this is where I am with the build. I will get it finished this year. I have the chop to finish, as well as the dead man. Not to forget completing the wagon vise. I have not decided whether or not to make it a split top or put on a tool tray. I know a tool tray is historic. And I am leaning that way. Please forgive to mess on the top. When dropping things off in the cold any flat surface works. The legs and chop as well as the dead man are walnut and the top is 4 inch thick Ash. The 4 inch Ash defeats the purpose of having a portable work bench. The wood screw is hard maple and has a couple of coats of BLO on it so it really isn't that color of yellow

If you are 25 it is probably portable at 78 it is not.

Tom
That is a very nice looking project. I have magnets everywhere in my garage that do the same thing: no flat surfaces anywhere.

At 25 I might have been able to push and slide it but lift and carry is a fiction.
Heirlooms are self-important fiction so build what you like. Someone may find it useful.
Looks  nice to me,  glad it isn't the color yellow that it looks.