Stinky sink
I mentioned something about smelly water a little while back.  I've now determined that it's one particular sink that stinks, not the water.  We've used the vinegar/baking soda clean several times now, and I've done that in the sink overflow as well (Kohler cast/porcelain).  No difference.  Been happening off and on for several months.  No rhyme or reason.  No problem in shower, kitchen, or sink in the laundry room.  I had this trap apart a few weeks back for a leak, and nothing seemed out of the ordinary there.  
Confused
Can you get a bottle brush or snake with a brush to try to clean it out? Or try a foaming cleaner and leave it in there until foam is gone?
Does you trap have water in it.
Garbage disposal on the sink?
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

Fixtureman may have hit on something. If the sink is infrequently used, is it possible that water in the trap is either evaporating or leaking. This would then allow sewer gas up through it.
It could also be that the trap is installed wrong and the water is siphoning out
(03-03-2024, 06:01 PM)fixtureman Wrote: It could also be that the trap is installed wrong and the water is siphoning out
I'm curious. How would you install it to cause that?
You didn't say, but is this a bathroom sink?

We have two sinks in our Master Bath.  The sink I use will begin to stink every few weeks.  Smells a little like sewer gas.  To "clear" the the stink, I have to pull the stopper and clean the gunk that collects around the bottom of the stopper.  The gunk will also cling to the sides of the drain around the stopper.  When I clean that out, the stink goes away.  The only thing we can figure is that shaving cream gets caught around the stopper and stinks after a while.  Our master bath sink did the same at our old house, too.  That was the sink I shaved at.

LOML's sink in the same bathroom doesn't have the issue.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
(03-03-2024, 08:30 PM)R Clark Wrote: You didn't say, but is this a bathroom sink?

We have two sinks in our Master Bath.  The sink I use will begin to stink every few weeks.  Smells a little like sewer gas.  To "clear" the the stink, I have to pull the stopper and clean the gunk that collects around the bottom of the stopper.  The gunk will also cling to the sides of the drain around the stopper.  When I clean that out, the stink goes away.  The only thing we can figure is that shaving cream gets caught around the stopper and stinks after a while.  Our master bath sink did the same at our old house, too.  That was the sink I shaved at.

You need to change to a better quality shaving cream ;>)
(03-03-2024, 08:30 PM)R Clark Wrote: You didn't say, but is this a bathroom sink?

Might be the answer right here.  I can count on one hand the number of times we've actually used the 'stopper', so I may crawl under there and unhook it  (and then leave it unhooked so we can just pull it out).
Sink in primary bath, gets used probably 19 times every day.