Footsteps in the Sand Pen
Started making these pens the other day.  This one is Gun Metal with Bocote.  Most popular is Pewter with Bocote, Redheart, Bloodwood or Cocobolo.

Make Frat Boys Great Again 
Great job Gary!
+seventeen
Frank
Nice.
Plus seventeen
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Excellent!! .
That's a good-looking pen, Gary. Did you do the engraving yourself? It's a good quote.
(04-04-2024, 07:03 PM)grwold Wrote: That's a good-looking pen, Gary.  Did you do the engraving yourself?  It's a good quote.

The pen kit included the engraving. I turned the Bocote portion
I remember that saying from many years ago and loved it.  Well done on the pen to.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Nice job!

I had considered using that pen kit to introduce the great-nephews to turning when I was in FL for the holidays. Things happened and our time in FL got shortened to much to have any time in the shop.

That kit series looks pretty straightforward in the instructions.

Did you notice any quirks when making them?

thanks
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(04-08-2024, 09:20 PM)iclark Wrote: Nice job!

I had considered using that pen kit to introduce the great-nephews to turning when I was in FL for the holidays. Things happened and our time in FL got shortened to much to have any time in the shop.

That kit series looks pretty straightforward in the instructions.

Did you notice any quirks when making them?

thanks

I got the selection that included the Pewter, Gold, Chrome and Gun Metal. I highly recommend the Gun Metal with is almost chrome like. It's what is in the photo. The lettering is white on this kit and shows up MUCH BETTER than the other varieties

Otherwise it's a very simple and quick kit to make and press. Drilling is a 3/8" BP bit and used 5 min epoxy to glue in the tube. I went with CA finish as it quick and dirty.
Where did you get the kit.