Wood choice for replacement sash
Bug 
(04-15-2024, 04:48 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: Well, I do already have the Sapele, in the thickness I need and it's kind of in the way, so I guess that's as good a choice as any.

Thanks for the comments!

There ya go! Good choice, and by already having it, you don't have to lay out more cash.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(04-15-2024, 10:28 AM)FrankAtl Wrote: Thanks guys. They will be painted and I'd hate to paint an expensive wood like Spanish Cedar or Mahogany. What would you think about Cypress?

Luan, inexpensive and used for boat trim. I made  nine  6 over 6 sash from luan 25 years ago. No sign of rot . Other suitable woods , white oak , cedar, pine and fir to name a few.
(04-17-2024, 11:46 PM)mike4244 Wrote: Luan, inexpensive and used for boat trim. I made  nine  6 over 6 sash from luan 25 years ago. No sign of rot . Other suitable woods , white oak , cedar, pine and fir to name a few.

I remembered I removed some cedar handrails from my front porch a couple of years ago that should be enough for this project so I'm going to use that.
Frank
(04-15-2024, 01:02 PM)barnowl Wrote: I prefer poplar. It works well, and paints well.

Poplar is the worst wood for anything that may get wet. Rots fast .  Don't ask me how I know this.
mike