Gutter Guards
Roof pitch makes a difference in which guard you use. The micro screen ones don’t do well on steep pitches.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy

(05-07-2024, 07:37 AM)crokett™ Wrote: Mostly leaves.  Little to no pine needles.  I mostly have oaks and other hardwoods.

The biggest issue with the oaks is the flower (catkins) in the spring. Ours are all down now. I will go on the roof in the next day or two and blow them off the gutter guards. They just park on them. I have to go up there anyway because they pile up in the valleys. But nothing is making it through the gutter guards, the leaves blow right off.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Correction to my 1st post. 220ft, not 120ft.. 80 bucks

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

(05-07-2024, 05:51 PM)EatenByLimestone Wrote: Roof pitch makes a difference in which guard you use.  The micro screen ones don’t do well on steep pitches.

Mine is pretty steep, steep enough that when I'm on it, it makes me uncomfortable.  I'm guessing its over 45 degrees.

(05-11-2024, 04:15 PM)crokett™ Wrote: Mine is pretty steep, steep enough that when I'm on it, it makes me uncomfortable.  I'm guessing its over 45 degrees.

Sounds like the diy hardware cloth requires cleaning off the oak debris.   The flatter type allow the leaves and debris to either blow off or wash off.  A very hard rain will allow it to run over the guard.
The guards also can freeze over.    I use the Smart Screen guards that seem to work fairly good.   I haven't had to clean them off in 7 years since I installed them.  They install with screws front and a few in back.  Roly
I’m looking at this for our valleys:

https://barnettsvalleycontroller.com/
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(05-14-2024, 09:49 AM)Gary G™ Wrote: I’m looking at this for our valleys:

https://barnettsvalleycontroller.com/

Those are cool. I think I could use those.

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS