I Believe I Have a Gloatable Wood Purchase

Nice pick Richard
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Good for you. Now make something special.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Within that stack were also some additional Curly Maple boards and a few real nice pieces of Wormy Chestnut for small projects. Definitely a nice haul!
Richard, you must know that if you are going to gloat about wood, then you are bound by law to to make something worthy of the wood....
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
cputnam said:

Richard, you must know that if you are going to gloat about wood, then you are bound by law to to make something worthy of the wood....

Curt,

About 8 years ago, I ran in to a similar stash of wood - walnut, cherry, and maple, wood used by a maker of grandfather clocks. From that stash, I have used nearly all the walnut, making furniture.

Walnut from this latest stash will continue to be used for furniture, starting with chest of drawers for my son's bedroom, to match the end tables and platform bed that I made earlier.

Thanks for your encouragement,

r2
Wise man says: "Don't ever pass up a good wood buy". Personally, I'm still kicking myself over 150 bd/ft of walnut I passed up a couple years ago!

Mike Brady said:

Probably air-dried. too, which in walnut make a big difference in the finished look of the wood. Good get!

Iowa-grown air-dried walnut:

In a similar vein, I saw an Indiana Walnut sample (very likely air-dried) at St. Mary of the Woods college this past Sunday. The remains-coffin of St. Theodore Guerin was built from walnut cut from the school grounds. The coffin had great color (see picture below), and the seating benches nearby were even richer-looking. I haven't stashed that much walnut yet, but getting there....

Chris