Round pedestal table in ambrosia maple and walnut
All milling, shaping, sanding, and drilling is done on the base.  Applied Rubio Monocoat Walnut to everything but the column.  Will do that tomorrow and then start hammering in the draw bore pins to tie it all together.  Adjustable feet have been installed.

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Brad- 

On the top, do you use biscuits or any type of tennon to join the individual boards or did you just edge glue them?

Thanks
Well done, Brad! It's a beauty; like the dog as well.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(01-26-2024, 04:11 AM)Randy C Wrote: Brad- 

On the top, do you use biscuits or any type of tennon to join the individual boards or did you just edge glue them?

Thanks

I like to use floating tenons, like a Domino, to ensure flat panels.  I use a Mortise Master to cut the mortises.  Cheaper than a Domino, but limited in its abilities. 

(01-26-2024, 05:40 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Well done, Brad! It's a beauty; like the dog as well.

Thanks!  Hopefully it'll be done within the week!

That's Alfie. He's about 11 months old, and a complete Heinz 57 mongrel! Yellow lab, chocolate lab, Australian sheep dog, and Huskie. Probably some other stuff, too.

Very friendly, super gentle with my 4 year old. Great dog.
Semper fi,
Brad

Base is assembled! With draw bore pins hammered in, it's never coming apart!

Well, if it's dropped from a second floor window it *might* come apart. Third floor?

All bets are off.

Now to touch up the finish and finish the top!

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

Finished!

Customer is super excited to see it in person.   Rubio Monocoat Walnut on the base and Pure on the top.  Drawbore M&T joinery on the base. 

This was a fun build. 

If you're on Facebook, video:  

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/y8oWzAN...tid=ZbWKwL

Attached Files Image(s)

Semper fi,
Brad

It's something to be proud of...absolutely beautiful! Well done, Brad!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Well done Brad!
+seventeen
Frank
Most impressed with the draw bore M&T.  I did a trestle table with loose M&T for our DNL and it never occurred to me to do draw bore.  You really went the "extra mile".  Very nice work!!!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Thanks, all!

Bill, the draw bore pins were really just to ensure ease of assembly and got rid of the need for clamps.  They're perfect when joining mitered faces and are my preferred method for M&T joinery.
Semper fi,
Brad