Finally! Combination plane storage.
All I have are two Stanley #45s...and a Stanley #71-1/2....all have boxes made for them..

One case was copied from the OEM Roxton Pond Stanley's case (which is now housing the Dremel stuff, as the Postal "service" had use the original as a Rugby Ball)

And this was how they laid out the inside....I have to tear the plane all the way down to stow it away..

Cutters were stowed in 2 racks at the end of the case..

And there is a label on the lid..

The other one is an older version..

Since there is only one holder for the cutters for this plane...

It can just lean against a wall...

Had to go looking for the screwdriver for it....

#71-1/2 Box...

Is a tad bit fancier..

Has holder for 2 cutters...

Tends to keep things in one spot, and dust free (almost)  Toss a couple Desiccant packets in the bottoms of the cases, to help with Humidity issues...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
You two are setting the bar pretty high with these plane storage boxes.  Nice work
Very Cool........
(02-20-2024, 04:41 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Looks great to me!

What Bandit said.  They look great
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Just to update....

I bought a can of Zinsser spray shellac.  I sprayed a few very light coats over the boxes, trying not to overdo it so as to cause the "decals" to lift.  I was *mostly* successful - the smaller decals, especially the ones on the top wanted to lift at the corners (probably because thats where my finger was when I first put them on).  I was able to push them down again with my fingertip while the shellac was still wet and they seem to have held.  The larger decals all held well.

Thankfully shellac dries quickly and I was able to do several coats over the day.  Once I had a few light coats, I added some heavier coats and just kept going, adding additional coats every couple of hours until the can was empty.  The shellac ended up VERY glossy, so this morning I knocked the sheen back with some 0000 steel wool and then added some paste wax to even the finish out.

[Image: IMG_2095.jpeg?itok=DKVTKBqp]

It's still shiny enough that I can still see every flaw with unbridled clarity...  Being these are meant for the shop and not the showroom, they are good enough and I'm done futzing around with them.  At least until I start messing with that pine tray insert to hold stuff in place.
The wrong kind of non-conformist.

http://www.norsewoodsmith.com
(02-21-2024, 11:21 AM)stav Wrote: You two are setting the bar pretty high with these plane storage boxes.  Nice work

No kidding. They look great.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS