What are you working on?
Boatman53 said:

Hank it must be the camera angle as the canoe is just under 17' .
Jim

Camera angle, indeed. Looks like a voyaging canoe or a viking longship!
Thanks again for the post.
I just completed this. This is my first metal and wood project. I did the metal work myself.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
CARYinWA said:

I just completed this. This is my first metal and wood project. I did the metal work myself.

Beautiful, any more (better) pictures? Ken
Cary,
That's very nice! How about some build pictures and more details about the metal working.

Lonnie
TRW said:

Will be starting a swing leg table soon similar to one in this picture. Mine will be cherry with shaker style round legs instead of the colonial legs pictured.

Thank you for that post. I have been thinking about something just like that, also in a shaker style and I see where you found the plans.
Ag
Cary, GREAT looking bed! Is that oak?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Very nice looking bed.

I agree, more pics!!
I wasn't expecting so much interest because it seems everybody hates red oak, but here you go.
This is a std king bed. I can't take credit for the design. It was something my wife found on the web and is only available overseas.
The posts are 5" and hollow. Here are the posts ready to be glued up with biscuits.

Here are a couple shots of the footbaord. The posts are attached to the headboard with my Jessem 8300 doweling jig. I love that thing.

I made a template to bend the 3/8" rod.

I made a wood jig to weld up the rails. I know wood will burn. I just tack weld everything and then take it out of the jig and finish it up. I can make a disposable accurate jig better then a metal one.

The top tube is 2" and the lower bar is 3/4" x 1/8"

I took the rails to a local power coater. It was the best $75 I ever spent.

The rest is history.

The posts tops are just 3 pieces of 3/4" oak. The top is mitered on all 4 sides. The middle is a bullnose. The bottom is a roman ogee. I glued a square block to the bottom of the cap and that is held in the hollow post.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
Cary,

That is a wonderful bed. I like it a lot. Great job!

Hank
++