What are you working on?
Steve,

I agree with Ken. That is a very attractive and interesting piece. I'd love to see how you did it.

Hank
Ken Vick said:

Would you mind sharing pics of how you did this marvelous piece? Ken

Ken
First of all, thank you very much! I don't really have any in process pictures so I can't help you there. However, I did shoot and upload some video to my youtube channel. I had to edit it pretty heavily in the interest of time but it does show the highlights. Here's a link to my channel if you're interested.

My youtube channel
Steve K

Wow, that's nice. Please don't tell us it's a tool chest.

John
I REALLY like the notched top on that!
Benny

Daniel S said:

I'm still finishing up a small tool chest that I posted about a couple of months ago. If the weather is nice this weekend, I will have the kids help me paint it with some green milk paint. I need to finish the hinges, a job that has been tedious and taken a lot longer than I expected. I started started some out of an old wagon tire, but realized that they each weighed a pound. Not very good for portability. This is a picture welding one of the monster hinges out of an old wagon tire. I think I may cut them in half to get something more reasonably sized.

In the time I haven't been wood working, I've been designing a desk for loml. This has been in the mental design stages for a while, but I've recently spent time getting it worked out more practically. The base for this will be steel, with the top being walnut. I can hopefully start on it next weekend, now that the details are worked out.

I love your shop ... very cool!!!

Red
Great looking chest, RWE. Your design? How I envy your set-up with your bench room separate from your machines! That would be wonderful.
The shop in my photo is the museum where I volunteer. My shop looks suspiciously like a backyard. The museum is a lot of fun and well equipped, but you don't get a lot of stuff done while talking with visitors.

Anyone interested in learning blacksmithing should look up their state or region's association. There are people doing it all over and like to have new people getting involved.
This is some of the work for my new marquetry workshop. The cabinet to the right, farthest from the camera, is built to handle trays.
Shelves above are for storing veneer.
going small...graduation gifts and bought a laser engraver, built a stand.