Jet Chip Collector
(02-05-2024, 11:16 AM)ajkoontz Wrote: OK, you got me. I have not been purchasing poly/ lexan/ solvents in bulk or researched the manufacturing costs to bring a product like this to market. Purely academic, but it appears to me this is Jet's attempt at competing with Oneida's super dust deputy, MSRP $180 on both. For whatever reason, WC is clearance-ing out these units at $30/ each, which is interesting to me. I wonder who is taking the hit on the current run, Jet or WC? My off the cuff $30 comment aside, it appears that the market in general does not see $180 value in these units. They've been out a while and I haven't seen much info on them, as opposed to the shop vac sized dust deputy that has a gazillion (not literally) YouTube videos, etc.

PM/Jet are VERY good at taking other peoples ideas and making them their own.  To me it is theft

Another way is putting a baffle in a PVC wye and make your own
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I've been using a home-built Thein baffle for 10-12 years--very happy with it. Scraps (including 3 bolts 3/8" x 6" that i just happened to have--Divine intervention), $10 for a used 35 gallon steel drum, and around $15 for the elbows--so about $25 12 years ago. Wouldn't have bought the Jet separator for $180, but at $30 i took a chance on it. Hoping to do some shop overhaul in the coming spring/summer, so it will be a while before i give the Jet a try.

Will try to remember to report back!!
earl
(02-05-2024, 05:23 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: PM/Jet are VERY good at taking other peoples ideas and making them their own.  To me it is theft

Another way is putting a baffle in a PVC wye and make your own

If you truly believed this you probably wouldn’t own any tools.  

I’m willing to bet your :
Tabelsaw 
Dust Collector
Bandsaw 
Chisels
Router
Ratchet wrench
Planes
Jigsaw
Drillpress
Ect……….

are not made by the company which invented them.