Bedrock 608
I do not have a 8 since the 7 is almost more then I can handle to push.  I do have a 601 - 607 to and use the 602 more then the rest
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(03-02-2024, 09:08 PM)Tapper Wrote: I for one think it's pretty interesting and we all might learn something new.

Doug

Me too.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I was planning on grinding tomorrow and taking pictures, but I found out I will be painting our hall way tomorrow. I work Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 7 to noon, so I will ask  Wednesday to use it Thursday. I feel very fortunate to still be able to do it at my age. I just refuse to let the old man in.

Thank you all for your responses.

Tom
I am sorry but I forgot to respond to Arlin's response. I didn't know that they made a 601s. I collect Keen Kutter K series planes which is the same plane as the bedrock round sides. Do I look for  K1?

Tom
Patrick Leach is the one that sold No. 601 planes....because Stanley never made one....
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(03-05-2024, 12:05 AM)bandit571 Wrote: Patrick Leach is the one that sold No. 601 planes....because Stanley never made one....

Yep.  He had them custom made and they sold out pretty quickly.  Pics in this link.

https://www.plane-dealer.com/single-post...en-bedrock
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(03-04-2024, 09:49 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: I was planning on grinding tomorrow and taking pictures, but I found out I will be painting our hall way tomorrow. I work Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 7 to noon, so I will ask  Wednesday to use it Thursday. I feel very fortunate to still be able to do it at my age. I just refuse to let the old man in.

Thank you all for your responses.

Tom

I told my wife about this response and she informed me that I had another comment Thursday so it will be next week before I can get to it. And the thing is I made the comment myself.

And thanks for the information on the 601. Since Stanley only made the Stanley #1 and I collect Keen Kutter K series planes made by Stanley  I am off the hook from looking. I am sure I couldn't afford to buy one from any manufacturer even if available. I am not an actual tool collector in a since. I wish to have both a flat bottom and a corrugated K series plane in each size. I am a user and have reground all of my actual collection so far.  To date I have no 3s or 2s. But please do not think that if one fell from the sky and landed in my hand I would turn it away.

I did buy a #1 Wood River a while back. About all I could afford.

Tom
There is a guy on YouTube making Bedrock inspired #1 size planes out of 101 block planes. Pretty cool video, and he has several videos of him machining planes, etc. that are very well done and super interesting. He sells his 101's, but not sure of pricing. Per his video I looked him up on Facebook and got on the list to buy one from his next batch. 

Bedrock 101 Video

(03-05-2024, 11:43 AM)ajkoontz Wrote: There is a guy on YouTube making Bedrock inspired #1 size planes out of 101 block planes. Pretty cool video, and he has several videos of him machining planes, etc. that are very well done and super interesting. He sells his 101's, but not sure of pricing. Per his video I looked him up on Facebook and got on the list to buy one from his next batch. 

Bedrock 101 Video

That's a lovely little plane.
Zachary Dillinger
https://www.amazon.com/author/zdillinger

Author of "On Woodworking: Notes from a Lifetime at the Bench" and "With Saw, Plane and Chisel: Making Historic American Furniture With Hand Tools", 

(03-04-2024, 09:58 PM)tablesawtom Wrote: I am sorry but I forgot to respond to Arlin's response. I didn't know that they made a 601s. I collect Keen Kutter K series planes which is the same plane as the bedrock round sides. Do I look for  K1?

Tom

Sorry I meant 602 and use the 603 more
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.