I love this guys old school chisel repair

Thing is I threw out some of the ones that were given to me that were as bad.  I also love his tools. 
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin, thanks,  loved his video, went to youtube and watched a few more. Yes, love his tools -  his anvil is extremely impressive.
(03-03-2024, 08:45 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote:

Thing is I threw out some of the ones that were given to me that were as bad.  I also love his tools. 
Yes
Doesn't everybody have a home version of an induction heating machine?  Enjoyed the video.  He's a pretty good blacksmith and welder on top of his woodworking expertise.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
That was an excellent video. Nice shop too. Cleaning up old tools and making new tools look a bit older is so much fun.
I am quickly realizing that I have NO natural talent... But I am trying to fake it.
Thanks Arlin!  That was very interesting to watch a skilled blacksmith at work.  And that anvil... man!
It's all wood.
Back in the days we had a 600 pounder in our machine/welding shop.  if it was moved it was by forklift
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

(03-05-2024, 08:10 AM)AHill Wrote: Doesn't everybody have a home version of an induction heating machine?  Enjoyed the video.  He's a pretty good blacksmith and welder on top of his woodworking expertise.

I could not remember what it was called.  Boy would that be nice. 
Yes
Yes
Yes

(03-06-2024, 05:05 AM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I could not remember what it was called.  Boy would that be nice. 
Yes
Yes
Yes

One the size that guy had in his shop runs anywhere from $1500-3500.  They are 240V and usually require a 40A circuit breaker.  That means a dedicated circuit to the induction heater.  And that doesn't include the liquid cooled copper coil.  Those portable units are usually only seen in specialty shops.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(03-03-2024, 08:45 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote:

Yes

I have a set of Black Bear Forge chisels that I bought at Woodworking in America back in 2016. Excellent tools! Love to see him succeed on YouTube!
Zachary Dillinger
https://www.amazon.com/author/zdillinger

Author of "On Woodworking: Notes from a Lifetime at the Bench" and "With Saw, Plane and Chisel: Making Historic American Furniture With Hand Tools", 

(03-06-2024, 04:38 PM)AHill Wrote: One the size that guy had in his shop runs anywhere from $1500-3500.  They are 240V and usually require a 40A circuit breaker.  That means a dedicated circuit to the induction heater.  And that doesn't include the liquid cooled copper coil.  Those portable units are usually only seen in specialty shops.

Only when I win the lottery and after a bigger shop 50x100 then if I have money left over I will get one. 
Laugh