Abrasive wraps for SuperMax Drum Sander
I buy rolls from Industrial Abrasives.

I keep 60, 80 and 120 grit on the sander mostly. 80 grit 75% of the time.

I have 150 and use it rarely. It clogs up quickly and burns, too.

Here's a nice way to clean rolls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0NY9TUXw7Q
(03-18-2024, 01:25 PM)rwe2156 Wrote: I buy rolls from Industrial Abrasives.

I keep 60, 80 and 120 grit on the sander mostly.  80 grit 75% of the time.

I have 150 and use it rarely.  It clogs up quickly and burns, too.

Here's a nice way to clean rolls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0NY9TUXw7Q

Thanks for posting the vid.

I've been cleaning belts with that method since shortly after I got the sander.  I can't remember if I saw it somewhere or if I just took a notion to try it one day.  Anyway, I've been using Simple Green in a coffee can.  Like in the vid, I use it over and over.  In fact, if I need some simple green for cleaning something else, like a floor, I use some of the cleaner out of the coffee can and then replenish the next time I need it.

Like in the vid, I use a wire brush to remove stubborn bits.  I stretch them out on the shop floor to let them dry.

I'm going to load up a 120 grit belt for my next project over the next few days and just use that and see how it goes.  I have not really tried to avoid the finer grits, but I have had issues with loading and burning on those.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
I lay the strips on the driveway and use the pressure washer.

Ed
(03-19-2024, 04:06 PM)EdL Wrote: I lay the strips on the driveway and use the pressure washer.

Ed

That's a thought, except that my pressure washer is broken.  
Crazy
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
Bug 
(03-10-2024, 05:04 PM)EdL Wrote: I use Mirka and cut my own...

Ed

This^^^^

Though I bought rolls through Woodmaster Tools at the time, and saved a used strip from the 20" Grizzly that I had and used it as a template to cut from the roll.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020