Woodnet Forums
Photo Tutorial - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Photo Tutorial (/showthread.php?tid=4074846)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Photo Tutorial - Neal Addy - 01-05-2009

Submitted for those who are interested.

Photographing Your Work - A Tutorial

Special thanks to Alec Hosterman (Alec H) and Robert Stuart (Wipedout) for their excellent feedback. Thanks, guys!

Re: Photo Tutorial - AnthonyYak - 01-05-2009

Sticky for a while.

Re: Photo Tutorial - Sawdust102 - 01-06-2009

That's a GREAT tutorial...sound advice, worth bookmarking.

One other thought, and I tend to be very guilty of it. I often spend a lot of time making and finishing turned objects. But I spend too little time making my pictures worthy of them. I have to remind myself, that taking (and adjusting) the image is nearly as important as making the piece in the first place.

Re: Photo Tutorial - Wipedout - 01-06-2009

Looks great Neal interesting, educational and entertaining. Just as your turning is always - so is this - Very professional

Robert

Re: Photo Tutorial - EightFingers - 01-06-2009

I had to learn all that stuff by experimenting! Sure would have been a lot easier if this was available two years ago

Re: Photo Tutorial - pinky - 01-06-2009

Very informative and helpful as always, Neal.
Thanks!!!

Re: Photo Tutorial - Alec H. - 01-06-2009

Looks very good!! I was impressed with the time you put in on this - wow. Two thumbs up.

Re: Photo Tutorial - Scoots - 01-06-2009

Holy cow - that's a great tutorial. Too much info for me to soak in at once, but I'll definitely read it several times. Thanks for putting forth the effort to do this.

Re: Photo Tutorial - woodmagnet - 01-06-2009

Many thanks for this Neal.

Re: Photo Tutorial - Jason/Woody - 01-06-2009

Great, thats 30 minutes of my life that I'll NEVER get back.

LOL. Really though, I NEEDED that. I have never been able to decipher all the crap in those photo editing software programs. You did a great job by sticking to the few, yet it seems very useful, tools in the software. I messed around with a couple of pictures at random while reading your tutorial, and though I am still no expert, I was able to see drastic changes in the quality of the items. Thank you for putting this together, I will definitely be using this in the future until I can put these tips into my memory.