Woodnet Forums
Do parallel bar clamps ever go on sale? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Do parallel bar clamps ever go on sale? (/showthread.php?tid=7119166)

Pages: 1 2

Do parallel bar clamps ever go on sale? - JSpill - 10-14-2015

I'm looking to purchase a few parallel bar clamps. I'd like either 12"--18" or 24" long clamps. I would prefer Bessey, but other brands are acceptable. Do these things ever go on sale? At about $40.00 per clamp the cost for several clamps can really add up.

Re: Do parallel bar clamps ever go on sale? - jussi - 10-14-2015

They do. Some are random (sometimes pricing errors) and they can be 50-60% off but there usually a couple of stores that have a sale during black Friday. But those typically won't be a huge discount. The best deal I got was many years ago when Rockler sold the 50" Jets 2 for $50.

Re: Do parallel bar clamps ever go on sale? - AHill - 10-14-2015

The short answer is yes, they do. But I don't think there's any set annual sales for parallel bar clamps. You should also try looking at S&S or Craigslist. It is nice, however, to have all your clamps made by the same manufacturer.

Re: Do parallel bar clamps ever go on sale? - Mike Brady - 10-14-2015

There is a big box chain called Menards located in the mid-west (Wisc.) that has a Made in America sale once or twice a year; and they feature great clamps that are made by Jorgensen here in Chicago. I like them better than Jet or Bessey. You could call their cust. serv. and ask when the next sale is. These are heavy duty! I have the 24" from them and they are handy.

Re: Do parallel bar clamps ever go on sale? - Shop Dad - 10-14-2015

I think Jorgensen are the only cabinet clamps still made in America. Aren't the new Bessey Revos made in China? Jets and Irwins are.

Re: Do parallel bar clamps ever go on sale? - Cliff Ober - 10-14-2015

Mike Brady said:

There is a big box chain called Menards located in the mid-west (Wisc.) that has a Made in America sale once or twice a year; and they feature great clamps that are made by Jorgensen here in Chicago. I like them better than Jet or Bessey. You could call their cust. serv. and ask when the next sale is. These are heavy duty! I have the 24" from them and they are handy.

The only problem with Menards is they won't ship them, at least during the sale events.

Cliff

Re: Do parallel bar clamps ever go on sale? - AlanBienlein - 10-15-2015

Sure they do every year on black Friday. Then you just might be lucky enough to receive them the following year before memorial day.

Re: Do parallel bar clamps ever go on sale? - cputnam - 10-15-2015

For a while Rockler was running a 20% off any one item sale. I bought quite a few Besseys that way. Not sure if they are doing these days.

Re: Do parallel bar clamps ever go on sale? - KSMike - 10-15-2015

Shop Dad said:

I think Jorgensen are the only cabinet clamps still made in America. Aren't the new Bessey Revos made in China? Jets and Irwins are.

My 2-year-old Revos are "Made in USA of International parts."

Re: Do parallel bar clamps ever go on sale? - rwe2156 - 10-15-2015

Woodcraft had a black Friday sale on Jet clamps last year. They were something like 30% off. I ended up making quite a nice score.