Woodnet Forums
Band saw gloat - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Band saw gloat (/showthread.php?tid=7177903)

Pages: 1 2 3

Band saw gloat - SteveF - 12-27-2015

I took a little drive this morning,. ended up with a 1949 Delta 14" wood/metal band saw with a riser block and the cast iron Art Deco base. It has the original 1/2 HP motor. Everything looks pretty good, some surface rust on the base. Only thing I see missing is the tapered pin that holds the table in alignment. All I've got is one lousy pic, it's raining out and I don't want to pull it out in the rain.

Re: Band saw gloat - goaliedad - 12-27-2015

Let me be the first to say--- you suck

Re: Band saw gloat - cvillewood - 12-27-2015

The "You Suck" is all relative. What did you pay for it?

Re: Band saw gloat - jteneyck - 12-27-2015

I have a slightly newer version w/o the cast iron plinth. Being able to cut both metal and wood makes it very versatile. The 1/2 HP motor will be completely inadequate, however, if you ever want to take advantage of the riser block by sawing thicker stock and veneer. I have a 1.5 HP motor on mine and I'm very happy it's no smaller.

I just gotta ask. How much did you pay for it?

John

Re: Band saw gloat - SteveF - 12-27-2015

Well, it was a great deal. I've got $175 into it.

Re: Band saw gloat - Arlin Eastman - 12-27-2015

You lucky dog you.

Will you be able to put a 1hp motor in it?

Arlin

Re: Band saw gloat - Unisaw A100 - 12-27-2015

The real gloat here is having all the original thumb nuts for the back panel and an original No. 132 switch box. Is there a Cutler-Hammer ball-tip switch in there also?

Re: Band saw gloat - SteveF - 12-27-2015

Unisaw A100 said:

The real gloat here is having all the original thumb nuts for the back panel and an original No. 132 switch box. Is there a Cutler-Hammer ball-tip switch in there also?

I don't know. Is that on the motor?

Re: Band saw gloat - Bob Vaughan - 12-27-2015

The CH switch is the switch that's on the back of the stand.

Here's a couple shots of the whole assembly including the switch.

Re: Band saw gloat - SteveF - 12-28-2015

Ahh, I understand.

I think it may be that switch. Does anybody know the best way to remove that paddle without breaking it?