Woodnet Forums
Finally got clamps mounted - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Finally got clamps mounted (/showthread.php?tid=7282643)

Pages: 1 2

Finally got clamps mounted - 00lightning - 05-12-2016

Got the clamps mounted on the wall. Now they're organized. Trying to decide whether to mount cabinet sides and doors. Thoughts?

Excuse the mess, still working on the woodshop and things

Re: Finally got clamps mounted - Wild Turkey - 05-12-2016

Quote:

Excuse the mess, still working on the woodshop and things are scattered.

Mine ever looked that good LOML would check me for a fever

Re: Finally got clamps mounted - Steve N - 05-12-2016

Yeah, I'm of the trash can storage school of thought. I know me, and those clamps way up on that wall would likely never get put away once I had to climb a ladder to get them down, sure look pretty though

Re: Finally got clamps mounted - jteneyck - 05-12-2016

What do you build to need so many of those clamp? Looks more like a store that sells clamps than a shop. And yes, I'm jealous, of both your shop and all those clamps.

John

Re: Finally got clamps mounted - Kansas City Fireslayer - 05-12-2016

That looks great, IMO. I don't think they'll be too hard to dismount and mount. As far as wall cabinets go, only you will know for sure based on what you need to store and your shop layout. I will say, getting anything you can up and off the floor is very nice, IMO. Clean up for one is much easier.

I recently got all of my scattered cabinet masters and Bessy's off the floor and wall mounted. I don't know why I waited so long. I had tripped on my last clamp and nothing was going to take precedence over making simple wall racks. To my surprise, I had surmised 40 Bessy and Jorgy parallel jaw clamps. I've been picking up clamps here and there for the past 10 years whenever I ran across them cheap.....like $10 each cheap. I will probably never need them all but if I do, I have them. If I don't, I'll never get hurt financially on them. Good clamps are never hard to get rid of if needed.....but you do have a lot of clamps!

Re: Finally got clamps mounted - Mr_Mike - 05-12-2016

I like it.

Now you need a library ladder.

Re: Finally got clamps mounted - daddo - 05-12-2016

I would have no idea what to do with that many clamps.

Re: Finally got clamps mounted - Martin S. - 05-12-2016

But, but, you can never have too many clamps!

I've got quite a collection as well, from back in the days of the "clamp sales".

To the OP, your rack is impressive, can you show a close up of how the clamps are placed on the rack? I need ideas to build one myself, and I can't see the details in your picture.

Thanks!

Martin

Re: Finally got clamps mounted - Herb G - 05-12-2016

You are going to be hating life if you have to climb a ladder every time you need a clamp. Believe me.

Re: Finally got clamps mounted - 00lightning - 05-12-2016

Herb G said:

You are going to be hating life if you have to climb a ladder every time you need a clamp. Believe me.

I can reach the bottom of the clamps using a stepstool.

jteneyck said:

What do you build to need so many of those clamp? Looks more like a store that sells clamps than a shop. And yes, I'm jealous, of both your shop and all those clamps.

John

I need clamps for building cabinets and furniture. I've used up to 80 clamps at one time.

Mr_Mike said:

I like it.

Now you need a library ladder.

You're right but not for the clamps. I'm thinking about building one to access the storage chubby hole over the bath and over the tool cabinets.

quote:Martin S.]

To the OP, your rack is impressive, can you show a close up of how the clamps are placed on the rack? I need ideas to build one myself, and I can't see the details in your picture.

Thanks!

[Martin

[/blockquote]
Martin, I used a clamp rack from Peachtree Woodworking.