Woodnet Forums
how do you get rid of a piano? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: how do you get rid of a piano? (/showthread.php?tid=7323964)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

how do you get rid of a piano? - EricU - 10-17-2016

I would say this is OT, but it would definitely improve our home.

I guess I could pay someone to take it to the dump for me. Upright.  I used to think about harvesting the wood from them, but it seems like a chore.  And this was always a cheap piano, so I suspect the wood isn't that great anyway.  It's a horrible piano, my wife got it from a relative.

RE: how do you get rid of a piano? - gcrimmins - 10-17-2016

Post it in the local online classifieds in the "free" section. If was a decent piano, and it sounds like it's not, then I would suggest checking with a piano technician in your area to see if he/she knows anyone looking for a piano. 

--Geoff

RE: how do you get rid of a piano? - goaliedad - 10-17-2016

I met a guy once that took all the pianos he could get- salvaged the wood and recycled the metal. Craig's list free.

RE: how do you get rid of a piano? - Herb G - 10-17-2016

If it's really old, it might have ivory keys. They are worth a small fortune as they are.

RE: how do you get rid of a piano? - fredhargis - 10-17-2016

Sit out by the curb with a sign that says $150. Someone will steal it.
Laugh
Laugh

Seriously, give it to the Restore. They may even pick it up.

RE: how do you get rid of a piano? - Bob10 - 10-17-2016

CL free section or harvest materials recycle rest.  I had one once it went down the stairs with a good shove and then I pulled the panels I wanted and dumped the rest.  There isn't a day here on CL you can't find 5 being offered up on CL.

RE: how do you get rid of a piano? - daddo - 10-17-2016

I have an old upright I really enjoy and I could use another one for the office. Pay the shipping and you got a deal.
Laugh

RE: how do you get rid of a piano? - EricU - 10-17-2016

this thing sounds tinny and can't be tuned.  It might be fun.  I think it was kept at the relative's cabin, but we were never invited to the cabin so I don't know for sure

I'm pretty sure it has ivory keys, didn't every piano have ivory/ebony at one point? Until the '60's maybe?

RE: how do you get rid of a piano? - chips ahoy - 10-17-2016

Large sledge hammer,easier to move in small pieces.

Mel

RE: how do you get rid of a piano? - Guest - 10-17-2016

Trebuchet.