Woodnet Forums
Fun with a Stanley #45 - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Fun with a Stanley #45 (/showthread.php?tid=7326808)

Fun with a Stanley #45 - bandit571 - 01-08-2017

[attachment=848]
Not sure how much fun it is..but, I did set the plane up as a sash cutter plane the other day..

So, after re-sawing some pine blanks, and using a plane to surface it S4S, gave the plane a try-out

[attachment=849]
And came up with this profile.    I ran the plane down both edges.     Currently building a frame and panel sided Chest of Drawers, so I needed to mold some rails/stiles, and get them ready to go into some corner posts.   I cut a tenon of sorts on each end, after figuring out how long the piece needed to be..

[attachment=850]
So, NOW I have the first one about done.   need a few more done, and the edges of the corner posts as well.    may have to hone the cutter a few times.   I have been using the Mitre Box to cut the blanks to length

[attachment=851]
Stanley #358......either this is a HUGE saw, or else I have a very small bench.   Anyway, I have four more blanks to get planed and molded..

[attachment=852]
BTW: I also needed to go out and BUY a new camera, and now I get to learn how to use it.    Now just need some time to run a plane or three, around.      Need to get that big saw OFF my bench, first. 

May post more as i get things down.  I even did a very rare thing for me...I actually drew a Plan up to help build  this "dresser"......scary...

RE: Fun with a Stanley #45 - Bill_Houghton - 01-08-2017

Pretty nifty.

RE: Fun with a Stanley #45 - Arlin Eastman - 01-08-2017

I do not know if the guys here know but you do all of your work is with hand tools and a lot of things at that to.  Maybe you can show some of your projects you have done over the last year bandit.

RE: Fun with a Stanley #45 - wood2woodknot - 01-09-2017

BANDIT571..............BTW: I also needed to go out and BUY a new camera, and now I get to learn how to use it.

Perfect example of every project requires a new tool. New project ... new tool ... new skills.

RE: Fun with a Stanley #45 - Skip J. - 01-09-2017

My new camera works great!  I needed it for work, but use it for everything now...