Woodnet Forums
Curly Maple and Sapele Mahogany vase - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Curly Maple and Sapele Mahogany vase (/showthread.php?tid=7332323)

Pages: 1 2

Curly Maple and Sapele Mahogany vase - Splinterz25 - 08-07-2017

[attachment=3620]Hello everyone I'm new to this site thought I would show you what I've been up to; I haven't picked up a lathe chisel in over a year, been working on an old house we bought. Well I'm on vacation and took a few days and put this project together. So I just finished turning this 13" x 7.5 " Curly Maple and Sapele Mahogany vase Yesterday, it still needs a few more coats of varnish. I hope you all like it as much as I did making it.

Bruce

RE: Curly Maple and Sapele Mahogany vase - Arlin Eastman - 08-07-2017

First Welcome and hope you keep coming here and sharing your fine work with us.
Yes

I like how you did it and the fit and finish also.  Do you buff them to a higher polish when done?

RE: Curly Maple and Sapele Mahogany vase - chips ahoy - 08-08-2017

Bruce,as Arlin said, welcome to the forum.You are getting off to a good start,that is a beautiful piece.Keep up the good work and keep posting.

Mel

RE: Curly Maple and Sapele Mahogany vase - badwhiskey - 08-08-2017

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

RE: Curly Maple and Sapele Mahogany vase - Woodshop - 08-08-2017

welcome
Yes     nice work
Cool

RE: Curly Maple and Sapele Mahogany vase - Splinterz25 - 08-08-2017

Thank you guys I think I'll like this site. I have a question though how do you add to your profile? Photo, Icon etc.

Arlin: Yes it will get buffed , I'm old school I'll steel wool and varnish it a few more times them buff w/ tree wax.

RE: Curly Maple and Sapele Mahogany vase - Arlin Eastman - 08-08-2017

(08-08-2017, 09:06 AM)Splinterz25 Wrote: Thank you guys I think I'll like this site. I have a question though how do you add to your profile? Photo, Icon etc.

Arlin: Yes it will get buffed , I'm old school I'll steel wool and varnish it a few more times them buff w/ tree wax.

It has been so long since I have done it I do not remember but I know one of the other guys will help you.

I went to your home page  https://www.forums.woodnet.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=126268   and noticed I am exactly 7 days older then you.

SO respect your elder. 
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh   Mine is 18 Oct 1960

RE: Curly Maple and Sapele Mahogany vase - Splinterz25 - 08-08-2017

Arlin yes I went to the same place but there's no prompt for setting them.

I see your a decorated vet thank you for your service; which conflict were you involved with? 

Bruce

RE: Curly Maple and Sapele Mahogany vase - Arlin Eastman - 08-09-2017

I think I just remembered how to do it.

Go the the upper left part of this page which says "User CP with a guy on the left to it"  and click on it.

I was in the first desert storm and after that for 9 total tours in the middle east.

RE: Curly Maple and Sapele Mahogany vase - Splinterz25 - 08-09-2017

Thank you Arlin I found it and was able to post my links.

WOW! 10 tours of duty thanks again for your service and helping keeping this great nation FREE!!!

Bruce