Woodnet Forums
LAGUNA acquires SUPERMAX Tools - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: LAGUNA acquires SUPERMAX Tools (/showthread.php?tid=7333398)

Pages: 1 2

LAGUNA acquires SUPERMAX Tools - Ohio Mike - 09-20-2017

Linky:

https://lagunatools.com/company/press-info/lt-acquires-supermax-tools/

RE: LAGUNA acquires SUPERMAX Tools - Jason28 - 09-20-2017

(09-20-2017, 09:11 AM)Ohio Mike Wrote: Linky:

https://lagunatools.com/company/press-info/lt-acquires-supermax-tools/

First they sold Performax to Jet (WMH), essentially bought it back (rebranding in the process), and have now sold it again. I'm wondering if those guys really want to be in business or not.

RE: LAGUNA acquires SUPERMAX Tools - Ohio Mike - 09-20-2017

(09-20-2017, 09:38 AM)Jason28 Wrote: First they sold Performax to Jet (WMH), essentially bought it back (rebranding in the process), and have now sold it again. I'm wondering if those guys really want to be in business or not.

It is a bizarre scenario.  Laguna must have made them a great offer!

Mike

RE: LAGUNA acquires SUPERMAX Tools - Tony Z - 09-20-2017

The point of being in business is to make money. Evidently they made money on the sale, or conversely they may not have been making money and needed to be acquired.

RE: LAGUNA acquires SUPERMAX Tools - WaterlooMarc - 09-20-2017

I guess I own a laguna now. Maybe they'll send me new decals.

RE: LAGUNA acquires SUPERMAX Tools - fall - 09-20-2017

It’s unfortunate that now a day’s good tool manufactures (Delta, Excalibur and so on) just don’t stay around or tend to make good products and then change the quality or sell. Not saying what will happen with the sanders now that Laguna bought them but I hope they don’t go for more profit and less quality. I have a LT 18’’ band saw that I like a lot so I am not bashing Laguna but I just hope they don’t cheapen up the sanders. Who knows maybe they will make two levels of sanders like the band saws?

RE: LAGUNA acquires SUPERMAX Tools - fredhargis - 09-21-2017

(09-20-2017, 09:38 AM)Jason28 Wrote: First they sold Performax to Jet (WMH), essentially bought it back (rebranding in the process), and have now sold it again. I'm wondering if those guys really want to be in business or not.

Do I remember this wrong? I thought Supermax was started by some of the Performax guys that left after them after the Jet/WMH purchase. They introduced their own, separate line of sanders that have now been sold to Laguna. They are/were a completely separate company from WMH (???).

RE: LAGUNA acquires SUPERMAX Tools - Tony Z - 09-21-2017

(09-21-2017, 05:53 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Do I remember this wrong? I thought Supermax was started by some of the Performax guys that left after them after the Jet/WMH purchase. They introduced their own, separate line of sanders that have now been sold to Laguna. They are/were a completely separate company from WMH (???).

It is my understanding you are correct, Fred.

RE: LAGUNA acquires SUPERMAX Tools - Rick F - 09-22-2017

Probably a good purchase, Laguna has built a great distribution channel.. They can move lots of Supermax machinery ..

RE: LAGUNA acquires SUPERMAX Tools - handi - 09-24-2017

(09-22-2017, 01:11 AM)Rick F Wrote: Probably a good purchase,  Laguna has built a great distribution channel..  They can move lots of Supermax machinery ..

Except that Laguna's customer service is spotty.