Woodnet Forums
Kudos to Holbren Tool - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://www.forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Kudos to Holbren Tool (/showthread.php?tid=7338990)

Kudos to Holbren Tool - KLaz - 04-18-2018

Placed my first order today with Holbren for a just a simple router bit.

Emailed Brian after I placed the order to see if I could apply the WN discount and within minutes got an email back confirming he would take care of it and no sooner after I read that, PayPal said I had a credit.

Awesome customer service!

Always have purchased Whiteside bits and hadn't bought any in a long time, now I know where to go!

Thanks Brian!

RE: Kudos to Holbren Tool - giradman - 04-18-2018

(04-18-2018, 03:09 PM)KLaz Wrote: Placed my first order today with Holbren for a just a simple router bit.

Emailed Brian after I placed the order to see if I could apply the WN discount and within minutes got an email back confirming he would take care of it and no sooner after I read that, PayPal said I had a credit.

Awesome customer service!

Always have purchased Whiteside bits and hadn't bought any in a long time, now I know where to go!

Hi Brian - don't believe I've shopped online at Holbren - will take a look - assume you bought some Whiteside bits?  I have an eclectic mix of router bit brands - mostly Freud, CMT, and Whiteside; also some Bosch, Rockler, and Lee Valley - I live in Piedmont NC (see map) and Whiteside and Freud are each about an hour's drive, so I've supported local companies - NOW, I've never even checked to see if tours are offered but would be fun to see how these bits are made?  Dave
Smile

RE: Kudos to Holbren Tool - Brian in sunny FL - 04-19-2018

I've been to the Whiteside factory, it's a factory.  Lathes and mills to make the bodies, carbide braised on by and and profiles ground in a separate room.  I don't think they do tours though.

Freud I' sure is just an office an Warehouse, don't think there would be much to see there.  All of their products as far as I know are imported.

RE: Kudos to Holbren Tool - giradman - 04-20-2018

(04-19-2018, 11:41 AM)Brian in sunny FL Wrote: I've been to the Whiteside factory, it's a factory.  Lathes and mills to make the bodies, carbide braised on by and and profiles ground in a separate room.  I don't think they do tours though.

Freud I' sure is just an office an Warehouse, don't think there would be much to see there.  All of their products as far as I know are imported.

For those interested in how these router bits are made, checkout the 6+ min video at the Whiteside Website - don't believe there is a need for a visit nor does not appear that tours are given.  Dave
Smile

RE: Kudos to Holbren Tool - Arlin Eastman - 04-20-2018

I was going to mention Brian in Sunny FL as a great guy who sells also in Holbren but see he has already posted.  Check him out for his sales and selling and his site which is by his name.

RE: Kudos to Holbren Tool - doobes - 04-20-2018

(04-20-2018, 10:40 AM)giradman Wrote: For those interested in how these router bits are made, checkout the 6+ min video at the Whiteside Website - don't believe there is a need for a visit nor does not appear that tours are given.  Dave
Smile

Enjoyed that video. 

Thanks