Woodnet Forums
Paint workshop walls or leave natural wood? - Printable Version

+- Woodnet Forums (https://forums.woodnet.net)
+-- Thread: Paint workshop walls or leave natural wood? (/showthread.php?tid=7340301)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Paint workshop walls or leave natural wood? - Paul K. Murphy - 07-03-2018

I like the idea of painting it white. That’s what I did, and soon I’m going to do it again. White painted walls make the shop so much easier to work in.

RE: Paint workshop walls or leave natural wood? - Arlin Eastman - 07-04-2018

(06-17-2018, 03:47 PM)Mr_Mike Wrote: This is an adjunct to my shop thread.  I got the paneling up for the most part.  I still need to trim the ceiling and corner and add much more french cleat.  I'll trim in 1x4 or 1x3 pine.  

The duct collector will be elevated as high as I can to obscure the window less.  I need to add a 2x12 cleat for that and figure out how to lift it.  I have a few outlet cut-out errors to mask as well.  

The question I had asked in my shop thread was whether to paint the walls or not.  The decision was to paint.  I'm now re-thinking that decision even though I have $120 in paint standing by.  The third wall of this shop is unpainted drywall (firewall to the house) so the paint still has utility if I don't use it here.  The 4th wall is OSB, and I'm not sure what I'll do there.  

Mike

Sorry to post but I would not paint it at all but seal it up so it will clean better when crud gets on it.

You can see what I did to my shop when it got built and I posted it here.

I am hoping Pat Zabranski teaches me how to make cabinets to put on the one wall over the bench for more storage and matching the walls to.

[attachment=11382]

[attachment=11381]

My BIL found the .75x4x8 sheets of Birch plywood for only $15 per sheet on Craig's list and we got all 9 of them and you can see what I did to them.  I sanded 3 times and put on clear shellac 3 times and it came out great.